Forums

Help › Forums

Who am I ?

Wed, Apr 10 2024 12:28 AM (2,510 replies)
  • garyk49
    2,315 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2021 12:57 PM

some of us even remember what was before the cassette.  And the pic Yiannis posted was still popular(now a thing of the past)(and a major part of a component system.

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2021 1:27 PM

garyk49:
    some of us even remember what was before the cassette.

A Kazoo

Not really, but really..........

Looks like my holding on to all my reel to reels, German phonographs, 1000 watt receivers, Bose was King, and ultimately unaffordable......

So, you're telling me I have a retirement nest egg after all.................Whoo Hoo!

Laughing all the way to the bank, while listening to the VINYL that I have also saved from 1968 forward...........

Single 45's of the Beatles, Kinks, Stones, Monkeys, Dylan, Chicago, Blue Oyster Cult,  CCR, Floyd, Let's not forget, every vinyl Floyd pressed, I was there to buy the first album from my friends father, that owned a record store.

Yes there were once whole stores, dedicated to just albums. Whodathought?

Dems was da days

*SIGH*

Imma go back to Covidia. 

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2021 1:34 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

Oh believe me, Yiannis, I lived with them for a long time too. If the four-digit number at the end of your username represents the year of your birth, we're the same generation, bro. 😉

Yep...:)

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2021 1:39 PM

garyk49:

some of us even remember what was before the cassette.  And the pic Yiannis posted was still popular(now a thing of the past)(and a major part of a component system.

As mainstream, yes, a thing of the past Gary. However, you can't imagine how much money go there still today from hi fidelity society with high end systems!!!

AV was more than a hobby of mine for ~15 years. I was in the V side...the A side is all lunatics!!! LOL

:)

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2021 4:16 PM

opyeuclid:
    my offer of a sleeve to the winner is still good 

Well done Simon,  you have won a prize , Please let me know what sleeve of balls you would like .

OPY

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2021 4:27 PM

Mr Scott , Please count me in for a sleeve for the next time to give away .

OPY

• ScottHope
    10,111 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2021 12:35 AM

Will do Opy, thank you.  ; )

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2021 7:46 AM

Let the bells ring out and banners fly.  Feast your eyes on me.  Its too good to be true but I'm here, I'm really here!

Hey how can I cash in on getting a few sleeves of FREE balls?  Should I post a resume' of why I deserve it and what I have done for WGT members over the years - why I am the greatest and most deserving member of all time? Should I ... Should I?  

• craigswan
    31,009 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2021 10:33 AM

My long lost australian cousin turned up for a visit  before covid with an old cassette tape of my parents silver wedding .

We all gathered round to listen .

But every couple of minutes this screaming kid took over the tape .

Who is that bairn i asked . He is so annoying .

My sister looks at me and said .

That is you you plonker ..

Tape Mixtape GIF

RSS