Forums

Help › Forums

Who am I ?

Wed, Apr 10 2024 12:28 AM (2,510 replies)
  • opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2021 2:20 PM

It almost looks like half of a real to real tape recorder .

OPY

PS :  my offer of a sleeve to the winner is still good 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2021 3:06 PM

A reel-to-reel tape recorder is what came to my mind as well.

If not, a cassette tape maybe or a video tape?

Boy, it's been ages I haven't seen one of those.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2021 3:34 PM

maybe?

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2021 3:43 PM

My next guess was a turn table , 

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2021 11:38 PM

You are very close with your reel to reel tape recorder Opy, also on the right track Opy and Yiannis with the turntable, but Simon has got it, it is an audio cassette, well done buddy.  ; )

pdb1:
    In your first example of this puzzle . It was accessible by PP . Was that a 1 time only ?  This one is not accessible .   Are we to guess Funday 4 by what is presented only ?    I know this puzzle has been solved . In the future though ?

The PowerPoint presentation was not part of this series of puzzles Paul. It was only to show ichott that you could make a picture reveal game in PP, something for him to entertain his grandkids with. Sorry for any confusion caused.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2021 12:08 AM

ScottHope:
    You are very close with your reel to reel tape recorder Opy, also on the right track Opy and Yiannis with the turntable, but Simon has got it, it is an audio cassette, well done buddy.  ; )

Thank you, Scott.

Now that the word "cassette" was refreshed in my mind, I googled and learned that its inventor, Mr. Lou Ottens had just passed away a few days ago on March 6. :-( Lots of my younger-year memories were made possible thanks to your invention, sir. RIP

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2021 6:46 AM

Lucky you Simon if you googled!! We, the old ones lived with them for a long time!!

:)

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2021 12:18 PM

Yiannis1970:

Lucky you Simon if you googled!! We, the old ones lived with them for a long time!!

Oh believe me, Yiannis, I lived with them for a long time too. If the four-digit number at the end of your username represents the year of your birth, we're the same generation, bro. 😉

pdb1:

ell done Simon .

Thank you, Paul. 😊

RSS