Forums

Help › Forums

Scott's tips

Fri, Apr 12 2024 12:26 PM (748 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,103 Posts
    Fri, Jul 14 2023 2:26 AM

Thanks for that John. Just downloaded a Thai language pack, ugh! Don't think I'll be trying to learn that anytime soon!

Glad to hear the purple dot issue is sorted.

• BlackBogey
    284 Posts
    Fri, Jul 14 2023 5:30 AM

Hi John,  can you explain in more detail what you did on your phone to get rid of it?  I've tried on PC, Android and IOS and can't find a way to see club invites/get rid of the purple menace. 

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Fri, Jul 14 2023 8:54 PM

I didn't really do anything BB, I just loaded the app on 2 different devices.One had the dot and the other didn't. The next day no dot.

But I did get this response from WGT :- We are currently working on the bug. It's a high priority issue.

Scott, I have tried several times with teachers ( 1 to 1 ) tapes and books, and I get so far and just lose hope/interest/desire, it is too difficult. I learnt German when I was younger so I am not a complete dumbf**k.

• ScottHope
    10,103 Posts
    Sat, Jul 15 2023 12:04 AM

We all have our limitations John, doesn't make us dumb, just need to focus on what we are good at.  ; )

• BlackBogey
    284 Posts
    Sat, Jul 15 2023 3:27 AM

oneeyedjohn:

I didn't really do anything BB, I just loaded the app on 2 different devices.One had the dot and the other didn't. The next day no dot.

But I did get this response from WGT :- We are currently working on the bug. It's a high priority issue.

Scott, I have tried several times with teachers ( 1 to 1 ) tapes and books, and I get so far and just lose hope/interest/desire, it is too difficult. I learnt German when I was younger so I am not a complete dumbf**k.

Thanks for the reply John, I guess I'm just unlucky then.  I've opened the app on Windows laptop, Android Chromebook, and IOS phone and that little purple *** is there on all 3.

I did reach out to Nico via Discord and he has responded with basically the same info as you posted, although he didn't indicate it was a "high priority issue", lol.

As I told him, not a huge deal, just another of those annoying "1st world problems".  Although now I am starting to feel it's taunting me every time I open the app and see it sitting there with it's smug pastel self.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Sat, Jul 15 2023 10:00 PM

At least it is not an irritating colour.

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Tue, Jul 25 2023 12:46 PM

Scott,

Did you have a script where you could bypass an Unity Update?

I seem to recall you having something like that. With all of the issues with the last update I thought it might be best to avoid an update if possible

Don

• ScottHope
    10,103 Posts
    Tue, Jul 25 2023 12:51 PM

Hi Don, I did have what I thought was a way to avoid an update, but the update eventually forced itself upon me, so that plan failed. Sorry about that.  : (

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Tue, Jul 25 2023 1:37 PM

ScottHope:

Hi Don, I did have what I thought was a way to avoid an update, but the update eventually forced itself upon me, so that plan failed. Sorry about that.  : (

All good my friend.

Still Having Fun

Don

• steelman64
    8 Posts
    Wed, Aug 9 2023 12:19 PM

Just did this reinstall after updates

Worked perfectly

Thank you

RSS