very nice Andy !  Too funny

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, Jul 2 2014 1:35 PM

Andy, brilliant as usual, lmao!

• incompetentia
    4 Posts
    Wed, Jul 2 2014 2:34 PM

Of the general stroke play courses, Bethpage is definitely my least favorite. The greens are generally boring (with the obvious exception of 15), the fairways are all the same width, and the changes in elevation are either easy to work around or impossible to do so. 

Merion is actually one of my favorite courses (particularly the back nine), but that might just be because I seem to have a knack for playing that course over others. Olympic makes me want to rip my hair out, but I think the challenges it provides are at least varied and interesting (although the next time I hit a tree on a tee shot I might cut somebody). Congressional was where I shot my first -10 or better, so I have a soft spot for it. The links courses are fun, usually. Kiawah is, well, enh. I like Oakmont a lot even though I hate holes 1 and 9 with the fire of a thousand suns (the rest of the course I find quite fun). 

I will note that I really dislike Whistler a fair amount as well. The way that the greens are mapped frustrates me to no end. 

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Wed, Jul 2 2014 2:42 PM

Re: Most Detested Course:

Currently : ALL.

Reason : GAME GONE TO MUSH.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Wed, Jul 2 2014 7:10 PM

YankeeJim:

donsprintr:

YankeeJim:

donsprintr:
    See your wall Jim ...

The 5 iron is what i was looking for, thanks for that. Been trying to force a 4i in there. 1st try with the 5i got 30 feet-most happy with that, can work from there.  ;-)

That'll work ... always happy to help ... :-)

Gotta rethank you, Don, that 5i kept me in a CC bracket by 2 feet.  :-D

Even better ... :-)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Jul 3 2014 5:19 PM

andyson:
    And a very appreciative gallery too!

Mercy Me! I love 75% of that group...Andy, you are way amazing & kind. I salute you and all of the very C00L & fUnNy stuff you provide to 'WE' the peanut people. Oh, and incidently, not to be a flirt (much ; - ))=....you look mighty foxy in the Jacket & Oakley's ---whoo ~ hoo

Lily

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Thu, Jul 3 2014 5:34 PM

Sry, but I've got a 3-way tie here. Olympic had top honors by itself until the Par 4 course showed up, and I must throw the Par 3 course in too because I absolutely detest par 3 courses. Unless you're drunk and playing at night under the lights, you should never find yourself on a 3 course in RL...IMHO, of course.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Jul 3 2014 5:57 PM

SweetiePie:

andyson:
    And a very appreciative gallery too!

Mercy Me! I love 75% of that group...Andy, you are way amazing & kind. I salute you and all of the very C00L & fUnNy stuff you provide to 'WE' the peanut people. Oh, and incidently, not to be a flirt (much ; - ))=....you look mighty foxy in the Jacket & Oakley's ---whoo ~ hoo

Lily

Lily, which one of the Mt Rushmore presidents do you not like?  And I agree, Andy's amazing.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Jul 3 2014 6:06 PM

mkg335:

Lily, which one of the Mt Rushmore presidents do you not like?  And I agree, Andy's amazing.

Well, I like them all, however, Teddy seems a bit 'gifty'. Darn good but not great, just darn good.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Thu, Jul 3 2014 7:05 PM

My least favorite course is the one with the tees, fairways, and greens

RSS