Help › Forums

Most Detested Course

Sun, Feb 1 2015 5:34 AM (102 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 11:32 AM

courteneyfish:
    Pinehurst for me.

Thanks! I forgot about it. You know, for a 57, a quick, hot start is required with multible re-starts. The 30 sec Lexus bit drives me away from play. So, yes I detest it too...both

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 11:35 AM

Got to be the best of par 3 for me. 1 bad shot can really ruin your round.

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 11:44 AM

Always Oakmont for me, I just don't like the course.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 11:45 AM

SweetiePie:

courteneyfish:
    Pinehurst for me.

Thanks! I forgot about it. You know, for a 57, a quick, hot start is required with multible re-starts. The 30 sec Lexus bit drives me away from play. So, yes I detest it too...both

Is this the course's fault? OLY, MER have been haunted with these 30 s ads, too...

Me, I don't detest any of the full courses. Some are difficult, some seem easier, but they all are a good test for me.

I keep away from the CTTH courses with water because the ratio of balls lost in the drink is too high IMHO. I rather play them with Starters...

• adeypa
    1,151 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 11:51 AM

Definitely Merion for me, especially the back 9.

I don't know if Pinehurst will ever make my 'most detested course' or not, as i tend to lose the will to live after 5 or 6 holes. Despite the fine job that WGT has done to recreate it, it has to be by a million miles. the dullest course on the site.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 12:04 PM

SweetiePie:

You really should get yourself the Adblock or Adblock Plus app, you'll never be bothered by the Lexus ad or indeed any other ad on WGT.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 12:07 PM

Kiawah was the 1st course they did.

They learned a couple of things since.

I don't much care for Royal St. Georges or Pinehurst #2.

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 12:18 PM

Pinehurst was a gr8 course on previous golf games but wgt has made it SUCK. Not worth playing with the vem cranked sky high as it has been since the 1st week of release. It appears the vem as of today is higher on all courses. If I want torture I'll go do yard work in 100 degree temps, tyvm.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 12:24 PM

I have trouble with Oly because I don't play it enough...

My best rounds and shots have been at Kiwiah even with the lack of putting angle pics....

Merion is tough but when you play it more often good results are very possible like Oakmont, tough courses but a real challenge...Merions back is tough but only par 34...

best of Par 3's I'm getting used to, best of Par 4's is as tough as best of Par 5's is easy...

the back 9 at BPB makes up for how easy the front 9 is....

I won't EVEN try RSG or STA with very high winds...to much calculating for my feeble mind...

Pinehurst is tough to play  but easy to putt...

Cabo easiest course here...Whistler can be tough if you approaches are off...

Which brings us to Congressional, if I score decent on that course I made at least 6 putts over 15ft...none of the yardages jive with the yardages I have for my clubs....the only time I broke 60 (shot 58) my average distance to hole was 16ft....CCC doesn't look tough but I would rather play Mer/Oak/Oly anytime....

I'll pass on best of par 4's too...I think 34 is my best 9 there...LOL

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 12:55 PM

WillyBigg:
    Pinehurst was a gr8 course on previous golf games but wgt has made it SUCK.

I got faked out, too. I was expecting a course like the CTTH  here. I wouldn't say it sucks but you're right about the renditions of PH in other golf games.

Kia and SA rank at the bottom of my list simply because the greens are so poorly mapped in places. Too many "memorize" spots but it sure makes you appreciate the strides WGT has made in green mapping.  :-)

RSS