Forums

Help › Forums

Thoughts please - New Tier Above Tour Legends?

Wed, Oct 22 2014 7:22 PM (179 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 10:17 AM

No new tier needed.

WGTadmin2:
    The main issue we are trying to address is there is a huge disparity in skill among the Tour legends right now.

That's what this is all about. A group of players that prematurely made Tour Legend can't score like the top players and are despaired by it.

WGT has no doubt received thousands of e-mails from these players asking for a new tier so they can compete with like skilled players once the top players move to a new tier. Its called practice people.

Its a cycle that will never end.

• Lizard69
    2,006 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 10:17 AM

fmagnets:

DAZZA501:

WGTadmin2:
    Real possible issues is that the Top tier will be less players and RG's and other tournaments will take longer to fill...  

Whatever the top tier is, it doesn't need tiered RGs. The point of having tiers is so you have more chance to compete with players of similar standard without having to mix it with the big boys if you don't want. This is not an issue for the players in whatever the top tier is. A fine suggestion from Daz above, as always.

Things I would want to see in a top tier is pro shop equipment open to all regardless of level. Unsaturated averages (perhaps with UEL separated). Very high threshold for getting into the tier, eg. 5000 ranked rounds as a TL AND an average below 54 (ie. keeps out the fakers who play a couple of unlimited no wind 9-holers at BPB and pretend their average is 51). A decent credit bonus or some restricted tournaments to make it worth getting into. Some interesting equipment choices (eg. want a high precision driver that goes 330yds? Well you can get one but only with a fast meter and low forgiveness. Or how about a choice of increments for putters for those that don't like 15ft scales?). 

This has my vote..

I think a new tier is good to remove those that got to what is now TL by simply smacking away at bof or bp f9 all day in perfect unlimited conditions.

The idea about choosing how we could change our putter increments and other club attributes etc could see 50 different "new tier name here" players having the same gear with their own preferred attributes/increments..

I personally dont think WGT have a choice but to create a new tier because at this rate, almost every player will be TL by Xmas, then what?

Peace,

Liz

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 10:27 AM

Richard4168:
    A group of players that prematurely made Tour Legend can't score like the top players and are despaired by it.

Lol

And then they want all equipment unlocked because they honestly believe that a driver that goes 3yds longer will knock 10 shots off their game....LMFAO

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 10:44 AM

So what will change with the new tier ? (,if one is created )

Just a faster green speed?   A title ?  The tees can not be moved back , the courses can't be made longer

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 11:08 AM

Lizard69:
    I think a new tier is good to remove those that got to what is now TL by simply smacking away at bof or bp f9 all day in perfect unlimited conditions.

Yes as said I basically said this thread and elsewhere.  Makes it look silly.

The idea about 5000 RRs I fundamentally disagree with though.  Most people will take one look at that and say fine have it, and not bother aspiring to that at all.  I can't see that's good for the game.  Just that is maybe badge material (no offense), not not reason for a tier. 

The lesser number of RRs, but forcing multiple courses as I said earlier is a reasonable way.  Above that, after it, if enough want a T Champ tier then fine make it so an even lesser average is needed, but on the forcing multiple course whilst having less emphasis on so many RRs method.  If WGT make it 5000 RRs needed for anything most will just say who cares, and if that happens it's a negative so bad for the game.  

The new SKILL BASED tier though should have the pro shop opened, regardless of level, I think as several agree. EDIT: I would also agree with anyone that it is hardly a top priority if it gets in the way of real needed fixes, for all the reasons mentioned.

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 11:12 AM

Moving tees back wouldn't be possible. For one, the courses don't have them so it wouldn't be the real courses anymore Two, they don't have photographs of anything else.

The could increase green speed, say to 14 or 15, but once you start going much pas that it would get to be like shoes crazy speeds and would be a bit ridiculous.

So I think it would be just a title only type thing and move the elite players into their own group and leave the rest with the idea being to make it more competitive I guess.

I really don't think it would change much. I think you would still have some disparity and really the only way to eliminate that is to change how you tier players up. Not make it solely based on a saturated avg and # rounds played. Some other people had some good idea about that.

I agree with a previous poster, if this is going to get in the way of  other, more important fixes or additions, don't bother. I don't think this is a top priority, but nice to see you guys throwing ideas our way and communicating with the community.

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 11:23 AM

DAZZA501:

Richard4168:
    A group of players that prematurely made Tour Legend can't score like the top players and are despaired by it.

Lol

And then they want all equipment unlocked because they honestly believe that a driver that goes 3yds longer will knock 10 shots off their game....LMFAO

+1 This idea is nothing more , than to make players chase their tails , all over again . When I first started playing , almost 3 years ago . There was no Tour Legend tier , and players were crying , and complaining , because they could`nt make the cut , as Legends . So the Tour Legend tier was created . It has made money for WGT, but it has changed nothing .

You still have the same problem , just at a higher tier . It wont matter how many tiers , that WGT adds to the game . This situation is not going to change . The only benefit will be to WGT . It`s not going to stop the top players from competing , or winning . So there is no need to add another tier .

This game will always have players who are poor losers . They will cry and complain , because they arent as good as other players . They want special treatment , because , they play the game . But if a new tier is going to be implemented , then let it be , a tier for the cry babies . It can even be called Cry BABY Tier . This tier will be for all poor losers , quitters , whiners , and any other cup cake players that I failed to mention .

• Lizard69
    2,006 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 11:48 AM

lonniescott711:

DAZZA501:

Richard4168:

Lol

+1 This idea is nothing more , than to make players chase their tails , all over again . When I first started playing , almost 3 years ago . There was no Tour Legend tier , and players were crying , and complaining , because they could`nt make the cut , as Legends . So the Tour Legend tier was created . It has made money for WGT, but it has changed nothing .

You still have the same problem , just at a higher tier . It wont matter how many tiers , that WGT adds to the game . This situation is not going to change . The only benefit will be to WGT . It`s not going to stop the top players from competing , or winning . So there is no need to add another tier .

This game will always have players who are poor losers . They will cry and complain , because they arent as good as other players . They want special treatment , because , they play the game . But if a new tier is going to be implemented , then let it be , a tier for the cry babies . It can even be called Cry BABY Tier . This tier will be for all poor losers , quitters , whiners , and any other cup cake players that I failed to mention .

I agree with most of what you say but what will happen when 95% of players are TL's ?

WGT will no longer be a viable business..

Top TL's dont need anything new, the game does though..

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 11:57 AM

lonniescott711:
    It can even be called Cry BABY Tier . This tier will be for all poor losers , quitters , whiners , and any other cup cake players that I failed to mention .

Completely disagree provided it is done on some good degree of skill after TL, e.g. no banging crap out of Beth F9 500 times in Legend tier to get TL.

Not enough of a priority to get in the way of more pressing stuff though as several said I think.   The TL lists based on averages though shows how just how silly it has become for the most part though.

EDIT: Some new super star makes TL at say L90, but then gets miffed looking at the so far away L97 / L98 stuff.  

Well OK sport 400 RRs until until you saturate and then get to Champ.  To get to Champ BPB F9 or any other 9 now only counts for the best 7 rounds shot at them.  Get a 57 average in the next 100RRs (measured only over those new 100RRs) doing that and get Champ, and pro shop open.  Those that got TL artificially will find that very hard, and may have to wait til L97/98, but the talented get something a bit early.  Win all round IMO.  WGT get something for people to aim at / chase, high level stuff is not whacko far away as the talented get rewarded and the fakers wait til L97/98 or learn all the courses quick:) .  

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 12:28 PM

Way premature for a new tier....when TL's become a dime a dozen as legends did a while ago (which won't be anytime soon), then re-think it.

RSS