Forums

Help › Forums

pinehurst 4th hole

Mon, Jul 7 2014 1:18 AM (67 replies)
  • MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Sat, Jul 5 2014 2:15 AM

alosso:

@Marty: They must take into consideration the special set-up for the US-Open, but, has this been available for their preparatory work?

wgt can get the info for the tees by seaching on the internet or visiting the pebble beach website

http://www.pebblebeach.com/golf/pebble-beach-golf-links/yardage-and-ratings

mantis0014:

Lets cut the rubbish shall we.  

The 4th hole will be a pretty easy Par 5 if it was one. Now it's a testing Par 4 that can be a Bird in good conditions.... this is off the Legends.

Off the shorter tee's it can be very easy... with the correct clubs

There are heaps of different holes in Wgt that are very hard to play....  do we complain about them.

im not complaining, i just like to play the holes the way the pros do, i dont mind the 4th at pinehurst anymore, if i have a bad wind i will take bogey or better

• alosso
    21,045 Posts
    Sat, Jul 5 2014 2:28 AM

(marked now for clearness)

MartyFlanagan:

alosso:

@Marty: They must take into consideration the special set-up for the US-Open, but, has this been available for their preparatory work?

wgt can get the info for the tees by seaching on the internet or visiting the pebble beach website

http://www.pebblebeach.com/golf/pebble-beach-golf-links/yardage-and-ratings

True for every-day play but most certainly not for the USO of 2019(!)!
    (o.k., that's a tad far-fetched if they are preparing it right now)

What I want to say is, they fetched those subtleties from the former USOs, like BPB #1 and #15, OAK #7 and OLY (IIRC). It makes me want (and somehow expect) the same for PIN, but it didn't happen. I won't make a guess for Pebble though.

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Sat, Jul 5 2014 6:27 PM

alosso:

True for every-day play but most certainly not for the USO of 2019(!)!
    (o.k., that's a tad far-fetched if they are preparing it right now)

What I want to say is, they fetched those subtleties from the former USOs, like BPB #1 and #15, OAK #7 and OLY (IIRC). It makes me want (and somehow expect) the same for PIN, but it didn't happen. I won't make a guess for Pebble though.

its just a reminder for them to make sure to get the tees correct as they have started doing principle photography for pebble beach at the end of april

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Jul 5 2014 7:57 PM

MartyFlanagan:
    im not complaining, i just like to play the holes the way the pros do, i dont mind the 4th at pinehurst anymore, if i have a bad wind i will take bogey or better

That's fine... No Probs

Just saying, because this is a game...   I think Wgt should leave that Par4 alone.  Good test for everybody.

There's a Par4 on Rsg on the Front9....  because my ageing brain missing a few trillion of brain cells, can't remember which hole...  maybe the 4th or 5th.  Dogleg, on the tee there is a huge bunker infront that you can't go in...you can go in, but don't.   Approch shot land short and it will roll back down the huge slope infront of green.   Bollox has a vid showing how to play it.   

I luv that hole...  I rarely get a bird on it...lol....  but it's a challenge..  That type of thing :)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Jul 5 2014 8:41 PM

mantis0014:
    because my ageing brain

For posterity:)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Jul 5 2014 9:01 PM

MBaggese:

mantis0014:
    because my ageing brain

For posterity:)

yep.....lol

I'm only 54,  well not too old compared to some on this site :)   I have a brain that feels like it's 94....lol.   

Anyway...  My little bubs is turning 15 tmorrow and my bigger bubs will be 20 next month.   Two young ladies and wow,  they ask for expensive presents... or is it a Girl thing.   

Sorry, just changed the subject...    expecting to be hammered as I cringe......lol

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Jul 5 2014 9:08 PM

mantis0014:
    Two young ladies and wow,  they ask for expensive presents... or is it a Girl thing.   

LOL off topic but yes!

My son has asked for an X Box, computer stuff, cricket bats footballs etc

Daughter asks for a new car, a trip to London or NY etc

Yes they are more expensive lol.

As for the severity of #4 - yes it is tough but the same for all. A great test in a game that many find too easy.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Jul 7 2014 1:18 AM

alanti:
    Daughter asks for a new car

How true is this.....lol  That's my Eldest Daughters Favorite saying....lol

RSS