Forums

Help › Forums

clubs

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 1 2010 9:15 PM (6 replies)
  • jebishop71
    5 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 10:49 AM

I didn't want to be one of those people that come on here and complain.  I love this site.  I have really enjoyed my 1+ year at this site, it has been awsome.  There is something now i have to get off my chest.  I have played almost everyday since I joined.  I am not great, I have never shot into the 50s, but I enjoy my realism. (i laugh when I see so many 50s, that should never be).  When they assigned everyone at the new levels, I was happy I received Tour Master status, I thought that was a perfect fit me.  Ever since, I have been struggling with my game, faster greens, longer tees, etc.  I decided to take advantage of the new promotion, deposit $20 and get 6 balls free.  I really need to upgrade my clubs to compete with the longer tees.  Well, I am only at Level 36 (I think that is a joke) and I am already playing the following clubs;  Level 62 Driver---Level 68 3 Wood---Level 47 Hybrid---Level 59 irons, Level 60 60 degree wedge---Level 39 64 degree wedge---level 55 putter...  I am disappointed to see that I have no where to go and what seems at least a year away from getting to upgrade my equipment.  Also, I feel like I just wasted $20.   Where do I go from here?

• BigRedNewfie
    205 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 11:59 AM

I'm in the same boat at level 37, but I don't think it's as bad as many think. Especially since the latest update. I played a few 9 hole rounds today and i've added a full level. If you look at the players list, there are lots of people already in the 50's, 60's and maybe 70's.

• Neil110772
    287 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 1:34 PM

Hi, Im new on the site. Just trying it out, Ive played 2 full rounds (dont ask me what I scored lol). After each round it said I won new clubs, drivers, different wedges, putters etc but when I went in to my bag section I still have the original 2 choices I started with? Any help will be appreciated.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 7:53 PM

Hi Neil. A lot of newcomers think this. You don't win new clubs, you just win the right to buy them. Don't get despondent though, with practice you will improve dramatically and there are lots of players here playing with the starter clubs in the 5th tier, which is master. If you decide that you want to progress still further then you can get some decent clubs for an outlay of only around $30 or you can earn the credits through doing surveys or buying things from the offers page. It's a great game and don't be put off by all the whingers on here that are only happy when they are moaning.

• Neil110772
    287 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 11:35 AM

thanks for the response, I understand now. I have another question, I bought some new balls, in my first game I lost a ball and 1 ball was taken from my total (which I understand, good realism) however I played 2 match play games and on the 2nd game I got on the green with my second shot and a messgae came up ball taken away and another ball was taken from my total of balls left? Why was this ball taken from me?

• BigRedNewfie
    205 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 6:37 PM

purchased balls have a durabilty rating. they are used up after a number of hits. look to the lower right when you play, there is a ball hits meter that tells you the life left in your ball. Also,better balls have a shorter life span.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 9:15 PM

I bought 3 balls yesterday and then did 3 CTTH rounds. Amazing how much water there is on those courses, all balls gone within 15 minutes.

RSS