Forums

Help › Forums

how is any of this acceptable?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 9 2009 1:44 PM (40 replies)
  • nickuk
    967 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2009 1:54 AM

either can't reach the fairways and/or the greens with the starter clubs.  

in my thinking.....with perfection....and i mean perfection....u can go round BPB in par....i did a 72 with them....upgrade was neccessary....whats $20...a takeaway?

got me my membership....:)

• chiefgotch
    14 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 11:33 AM

I looked at some of the new drivers in the Pro Shop ans th edistances are ridiculous.

The R9 maximum distance rating is 245 yards.  A short hitter on the tour drives the ball

270+ yards.  Why are we limited to these ridiculous distances?

• Polcat57
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 12:05 PM

I have plunked down a $20 to upgrade to the longer clubs and even when hitting the ball on the screws with the wind at my back I can't go much farther than 250 yards. 

I looked at the BPP leaderboard and they're longest drives are 270-280.  How is this possible?  And don't say practice.  Hitting the ball on the screws with wind is the best you can do on this game. 

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 12:08 PM

Polcat57:
    I looked at the BPP leaderboard and they're longest drives are 270-280.  How is this possible?  And don't say practice.  Hitting the ball on the screws with wind is the best you can do on this game

You answered your own question basically.

cheifgotch:
    Why are we limited to these ridiculous distances?

The game's not finished yet?

Besides, we're all hitting roughly the same distances, so what does it matter.

• chiefgotch
    14 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 1:31 PM

Typical BS because of crap distances. 

1 under on the front 9, go to #10 and the best you can do is hit the drive 200

yards into a 10MPH headwind, directly into the deep rough, pitch out, still too

far away to reach the green in 3, and then hopefully make a bogey.

Pure BS

• BearsJState
    10 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 1:34 PM

I agree you need to practice however youshould have a shot at scoring at Bethpage.  I mean I can hit the golf ball over 240 yards and on here I am a Pro and can't even hit some fairways.  I really think that they need to increase the yards from the drive in order to at least be competitive.

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 2:56 PM
  • jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 3:18 PM

Chief .. pitching out of the rough on 10 isn't the best option . I have the Tour Starters , and into the wind I won't reach either. i ALWAYS punch a 3 wood out that rough for 140-150 yrds ... leaves an easy 5/6 iron to get on with a chance for par.

All these people that complain all the time about club distances fail to realize that we ALL have the same problem. Even with upgraded clubs, sometimes you won't find the fairway and we're ALL laying up on most of the par 4's.  Get over it !! Everybody can can hit every hole with a chance for par, regardless of the clubs they use. After that, it comes down to who can putt. The top scores here weren't made with booming drives.My best on Bethpage is a 69 ... a couple times, with a lot of 70-72's.  My first 69 COULD have been 62/63/64 if only I were a bit more consistent with the flat stick.

• nblackhall
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 3:45 PM

well, you guys have fun with this then.   im obviously not going to qualify for anything, since i cant shoot better than the 80's.   If they want to be real about this,  instead of a late 20's early 30's looking player, they should have taken a picture of my grandmother and used her for the player model.  I could maybe accept the handicaps that the default player has, if i were an octogenarian woman.  

• scottyw28
    57 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 4:07 PM

My biggest objection is that even with upgraded clubs, there are some hole on BPB that you cannot reach in regulation.  That is not realistic.  Although they may not do so, all pros can reach the greeens in regulation.

RSS