Help › Forums

how is any of this acceptable?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 9 2009 1:44 PM (40 replies)
  • Bromavinci
    2 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 7:55 AM

my only complaint as well..

adjust for a right to left wind by aiming a bit right- all good. Hit the ball dead centre perfect shot and it flys miles left (and sometimes right!) straight off the club ????

and thats just one example, the game is littered with these inconsistencies

• ecracer
    2 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 11:06 AM

Amen to all those mentioning inconsistencies.  

• BleedMarshall
    26 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2009 12:22 AM
    06-04-2009 5:44 AM

Another prime example of BS distances.  #3 wood downwind 8mph.  Hit dead on the screws - result 165 yards into the deep rough

I got that beat. I hit a 3 Iron [180 yard club] and it went only 79 yards! And it was a solid hit too from the fringe rough off the fairway. The first par 5 on the back 9 at Kiawah turned into a par 6 quick! 
  • ToughCool
    70 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2009 8:54 AM

Bromavinci...I just wrote about your problem on the Par 5, 13th at BPB...10 mph wind right to left. Not only did I only put the cursor right of th ehole..on the edge of the green and hit it dead center flush but it went RIGHT and into the rough where it screwed my whole round because of the rough and landing it on the fringe there. It sucks to play a hole right and then get screwed by some glitch.

• Jbraithw
    8 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2009 10:23 AM

Purchasing new clubs will not help...you can earn points by winning or placing in the top 70 of tournaments

but this will take you about 100 weeks to earn enough for a shiny new driver...but now with the new rankings

placing in a tournament is almost impossible as well...I did it once and haven't been able to break into those

ranks again...and I have played upwards to 100 rounds since the new ranks have taken effect and have only

managed to add another 18 strokes to my Handycap since the change took effect...you can swing out of your shoes

on BethPage and still only get 10-20 yards on some of the holes, and chipping around the green is 100% trial and error

• TechnicalFoul
    16 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2009 5:04 PM

Acceptable?  This is a well-designed golf game that is free!  El Grato!  Now, yes, it is frustrating that your player is about as strong as a 9 year old girl, but that's the way they designed it.  And it's free.  If you want to spend 18 hours of every day practicing like the Top 10 players on the game, then go right ahead.  Most other people have better things to do.  Until you decide to devote your life to shooting 62 on BPB, enjoy the game and quitcha bitchin.

And I'd gladly put in $50/year so they could create some new courses.  Wolf Creek skills and getting raped by BPB will get old soon enough.

• BleedMarshall
    26 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2009 6:18 PM

I can agree that I would enjoy a course to hit around on other than Kiawah. Wolf Creek or Bali Hai would be nice. Real nice.

• chiefgotch
    14 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2009 11:35 AM

US Open Qualifying again at BPB - 25 putts in the round and still shoot +9 because you

either can't reach the fairways and/or the greens with the starter clubs.  Do you really believe in a round

where a PGA tour player has 25 putts that he is going to shoot +9.  I really enjoy playing the game but

the realism is just not there.  With the cheapest set of clubs you can buy in real life if you are in

the PRO tier you can hit clubs on the avergae 15 -25 yards farther.  Please make this part

realistic.

• rtjjones
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2009 8:54 PM

Gawd, this is a total fuggedabout it (in LI speak). 3 holes was enough for me> Sticking w/ TWoods PC games picked off

Ebay. $10 better spent , IMO.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2009 9:19 PM

Oh Robert... I'm guessing you like your golf games easy.  I'm betting you don't play the real game because it's too frustrating and you're not willing to put in the hard work to improve..  Remember, we've got a guy here who shot 62... with lots of practice.  His first 3 holes were probably worse than yours.  Just my small rant of the evening.  Back to my gardens...

RSS