Forums

Help › Forums

how is any of this acceptable?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 9 2009 1:44 PM (40 replies)
  • nblackhall
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 7:49 PM

Good things first, this is a wonderful golf game, i expect to lose many hours to it. The graphics are nice, it works well and is fairly intuitive.

Now, to the bad things: am i seriously supposed to be able to "qualify" for this virtual open using the neutered player that i am given?  Im not going to spend real money to upgrade him. This is supposed to be a contest, you know, "no purchase neccessary"? The default player that they give you is a joke.   How am i supposed to score well when the guy cant hit a driver over 240 yards, and the beginning of the fairways are at 250-260yds? Im just supposed to know that im going to take bogie, or double bog on these holes?  I mean, come on.  Im not sure who this player is supposed to model, but even the decrepit old septagenarians on my local muni can drive it farther than the 225-230 that this guy hits.  

I guess what im saying is,  the ranges need to be re-adjusted. As of right now this default player has absolutely no business playing on the beth page black course.

• GRUNT_Jarksbro
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 7:57 PM

Agreed.

I do not want to spend money to upgrade players..Can you win credits?

• redryanstud
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 7:58 PM

I totally agree with you on this.  On a lot of the Tee boxes you can't even hit the fairway.  I have

almost found myself spending money on this guy but I can't justify it yet.  I think that is what they

want us to do though.  Get frustrated enough that we spend $50 on the equip.

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 8:02 PM

There are many on here that are currently under the cut line with the default clubs.  I also posted a round for the sake of another thread to show that it could be done.  I shot a 73 on my second try.  BUT.... and it's a HUUUUGGEEE BUT.... you have to manage the course and get your birdies when you can, which means you need to practice!practice!practice!practice!practice!practice!

Oh... and did I mention practice?

Lee

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 8:12 PM

Dude, before you start throwing dollar amounts out of thin air check out the pro shop. R9 driver $7.50, tour starter irons $3.00.  this is all you need pal. Then after about 400 rounds you too can become a master.  Good Luck.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 9:28 PM

The Infidell speaks!!!! LOL   I thought you quit posting??  Show yourself and play J.

• gadzuks
    44 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 9:45 PM

yes practice does help...but...through the many swipes i've taken at this game i'v noticed that you can hit the swing meter perfect every time ans yes allowing for windage...the ball will not fly consistantly,therefor more than a certain amount of practice is FUTILE, so i guess we should just try and enjoy the game for what it is.

• ShawnVanPar
    46 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 2:48 AM

Hey..its like salamii said..for 10 bucks you got alot better chance...go out and shop for some comparable x-box or ps 3 games...over 60 bucks..this games better and you don't even have to buy an x box360.

• chiefgotch
    14 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 5:16 AM

Practice makes no difference with the totally unrealistic and inconsistent club distances.  prime example--

I am playing the BPP qualifying round for about the 25th time right now.  On #5 Tee, I have a 11MPH tailwind, hit the driver on the screws

and it 180 yards directly into the deep rough 30 yards short of the fairway.  BS!!!!!!!!

• chiefgotch
    14 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 5:44 AM

Another prime example of BS distances.  #3 wood downwind 8mph.  Hit dead on the screws - result 165 yards into the deep rough

RSS