rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 27 2010 6:59 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sun, Sep 26 2010 8:25 AM

YankeeJim:

CharlemagneRH:
    If you think I got here by quitting or ST A F9's (or any other course repeatedly), you are mistaken.

http://wgt.com/forums/p/19311/114637.aspx#114637

09.26.10 Bethpage Back 9 Ready-Go Back 9 All Players 31
    09.25.10 Kiawah Back 9 Ready-Go Back 9 All Players 32
    09.25.10 St Andrews Front 9 Ready-Go Front 9 All Players 30
    09.25.10 Bethpage Front 9 Ready-Go Front 9 All Players 30
    09.24.10 Bethpage Front 9 Ready-Go Front 9 All Players 30
    09.24.10 Kiawah Back 9 Ready-Go Back 9 All Players 28
    09.24.10 Bethpage Back 9 Ready-Go Back 9 All Players 31
    09.24.10 St Andrews Front 9 Ready-Go Front 9 All Players 30
    09.23.10 Bethpage Front 9 Ready-Go Front 9 All Players 31
    09.23.10 Bethpage Full 18 Ready-Go Full 18 All Players 68
    09.23.10 Kiawah Back 9 Ready-Go Back 9 All Players 29
    09.23.10 St Andrews Front 9 Ready-Go Front 9 All Players 30
    09.23.10 Bethpage Back 9 Ready-Go Back 9 All Players 32
    09.23.10 Kiawah Back 9 Ready-Go Back 9 All Players 30

These are my last 14 matches (i.e. what my current sub-60 average is based upon), and I am currently shooting a BPB Full 18 RG.  I am currently playing about 50% of my games on BPB.

You originally said that I was padding my average with ST A F9, but now it's KIA.  Are you going to change that to BPB in light of this new information?  ;)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Sep 26 2010 2:30 PM

My bad, I should have used Kia in the example. Do not take this personal - it's not. The gist of my post was about getting out of the Tour Master tier before I should, something you unabashedly admitted doing with regard to being "King of Kiawah." You've since proved, in your unorthodox manner, you can hang.

You're out of my league so don't bother making this into something it's not.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sun, Sep 26 2010 3:49 PM

YankeeJim:
    My bad, I should have used Kia in the example. Do not take this personal - it's not. The gist of my post was about getting out of the Tour Master tier before I should, something you unabashedly admitted doing with regard to being "King of Kiawah." You've since proved, in your unorthodox manner, you can hang.

Very well, but I like my "unorthodox" manner, if you want to call it that.  Mastering one course at a time is probably the best way to learn.  You'll notice that you consistently leave the approach on some hole short, or whatever, or that rolling off the back of the green is a really bad idea (e.g. BPB 10 or ST A 8,) so you'll hit it softer, etc.!

• TarheelsRule
    5,480 Posts
    Mon, Sep 27 2010 10:42 AM

The actual number it takes to move to Legend is not published but it appears to be around 62.5.

I was around 61 when I made Legend a few weeks ago, when the update happened.  If I played Kiawah and St Andrews a lot my average moved under 60.  Since making Legend my average has moved to 65 to 68 and I play all the courses, join a lot of stroke play matches so whatever is selected I play.  The green speed is a little too fast and the tees are a challenge but one I enjoy.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Mon, Sep 27 2010 11:59 AM

Anyone managed this yet, and can tell me what I need to do to achieve it in terms of my average or level?

It's the first time I haven't been in the top tier since they were introduced, and despite the legends having a tough time off the back tees at the moment, I want to be back at the top table.

My question to you bluescouse, is why do you want to be a Legend?

You've been playing this site for well over a year, w/over 900 ranked rounds and haven't made tour master. So why not stay a tier a little lower and beat up on ALL the whinning legends who can't keep their "inflated" sub-60's? As far as I'm concerned "most" if not all of the "really" best players are not playing this game with integrity. Does......software aka "bots" for gaming, ring a bell?

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Mon, Sep 27 2010 12:21 PM

My WGT bot also posts on the forums for me.

I programmed it to annoy people, and judging from the forum posts that I read in the 15 minutes/week that I am actually at my computer, at this site, it was a highly successful effort on my part.

Well, time for my bot to quit posting and start playing some golf!  Tata!

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Mon, Sep 27 2010 12:31 PM

Hey Charle, pressed for conversation again? Go talk to your psychoanalyst.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Mon, Sep 27 2010 12:40 PM

Tarheels, I don't think average has a whole lot to do with bumping up. My average was at 64+ for about 8 straight months and I was made legend so.........  jmo another example of WGT keeping us in the dark. JB

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Mon, Sep 27 2010 2:46 PM

Thanks for all your responses guy's.

I will have been on here for two years come next week David, and whilst I appreciate your argument, I side more with Jim in his assertion that he'd rather be 'running with the big dogs' as it were.

I guess I'm just a little frustrated 'cos my average had crept above the required figure just before the new tiers were introduced, and I'm used to being in the top tier despite my often inconsistent form (too many late night rounds after too much wine!). Heck, my fragile ego demands it!

Many of my felllow country club members are legends, and I sympathise with them and others who are struggling to make the transition to their new status. But any victories I have over them in tourney's are hollow ones as far as I'm concerned, as we are not playing on a level field in many instances.

I could just play Kiawah for a week and get my average down that way, but I'd sooner my status reflected my ability across all of the available courses (oh well, perhaps not Oakmont!).

As for the post about bots, and the spat about about a lack of integrity from certain quarters, I offer no comment. I am completely ignorant of the former, and do not consider anything I have to say about the latter to be of any further value or originality to the countless others I've read on these forums. 

Go sort it out between yourselves fella's - I'm off to the practice ground!

Thanks again,

Sean

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Mon, Sep 27 2010 6:59 PM

Anybody for some, ahhhh -  "FRUIT CAKE!!".... I must run now...Tata

• PAGES
RSS