Forums

Help › Forums

Tournament Round counts for nothing

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 20 2010 1:17 AM (0 replies)
  • Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 1:17 AM

I just completed my 2nd round in the Weekly Multiround, and as I sank the last putt I got an error message that the deadline had passed. I was able to start it just after 9, so it must have been literally seconds after the deadline for midnight over in your timezone, 10 AM here.

I shot -8 with 10 birdies and 2 bogies for 131 shots combined. That would have been third in the tournament, earned me some credits, so that part is annoying. But it's worse that the round counted for absolutely nothing (bar a used ball and 64 points). I didn't get points for finishing the round, my average didn't drop, in fact, it's not mentioned anywhere that I played. Not in my profile, not in my score history.

Fair enough that I posted the score seconds too late, but it should at least count towards my average, stats and records. 10 birdies in one round is a new record for me, so I'd like to have that posted somewhere. I'm not likely to get a round like this again any time soon, where maybe 5-6 very long putts went in. Probably scored a new record for combined putting distance too. The scorecard didn't even show up. I got the error message then I got directly sent back to the normal WGT screen with equipment and so forth.

Please get this one sorted. I know this has happened to many others before, probably a lot of people. It takes an hour to complete a round (roughly), at least at my speed, and there are heaps of tournament across all 7 tiers. I'm sure it happens to hundreds of people each week.

It's an easy fix too. If the score is in too late to count for a tournament, convert it to ranked practice round (so it shows in profile and counts towards awards and stats), but give the correct points for finished round. It's not hard. Add a few lines of code, and presto, you're done.

RSS