Forums

Help › Forums

Flight MH370 Missing

Sun, Dec 28 2014 2:54 AM (77 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Mar 17 2014 6:08 AM

alanti:
    Having lived in this region for years, I have good knowledge of the area and jet - they both were home.

Is it possible for a pilot or knowledgeable type to disable systems while in the air so the plane basically can fly incognito, like a Stealth fighter?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Mar 17 2014 12:22 PM

YankeeJim:
    Is it possible for a pilot or knowledgeable type to disable systems while in the air so the plane basically can fly incognito, like a Stealth fighter?

Pretty much, yes it is possible, but on a passenger jet? No valid reason. Especially if you access the E/E Bay it is possible to fly as an unknown aircraft. This is why I am sure back up system will be deployed in the future.

But to not be visible to a primary radar is not so easy (provided some observance by the controller is assumed. To fly at low altitudes for prolonged periods, particularly in poor visibility and assuming a very good knowledge of the terrain is difficult and still is not immune to detection.

Personally I have heard this flight had altitudes between FL50 and FL450. Prior is possible the latter exceeds the parameters of safe operating levels. But the supposed decent of 40000 feet in one minute is not possible without breaking up IMO.

As I said we have not been told the full story, and understandable to a high degree. But the press have had a field day. But the T7 took the Northern route, either to may military personnel were asleep or were complicit in the "disappearance".

I think and initially thought after day one, this was another Egypt or Silk Air. I spoke to a mate who knew of (did not know) the commander and only spoke very highly of him, so that leaves the F/O or a takeover of unknowns, or it was a cascading malfunction (cough cough).

Sadly just to many unknowns so I hope that we do get conclusive answers soon.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Mar 18 2014 1:43 AM

And some Humour/Humor

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Mar 18 2014 2:23 AM

alanti:
    Sadly just to many unknowns so I hope that we do get conclusive answers soon.

Your insights are very appreciated.  I for one never even considered things like a chartered flight just going missing, being possible, in 2014.  

One question which comes up if it did not just massively malfunction / cease to exist instantaneously is that not one text message got sent?  Seems incredible if it did get hijacked? 

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Tue, Mar 18 2014 7:41 AM

alanti:

And some Humour/Humor

This is certainly not a time for laughter but Im sorry, dear Lord forgiver me, when I saw this I LOL and I mean LOL. I NEVER expected seeing something like this and it caught me off guard. 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Mar 18 2014 7:50 AM

It is a grand scheme, well planned over time. The jet will be fitted with an atomic warhead and re-enter with like mystery. It's destination is a likewise mystery with just a few possible targets. It is a joint effort, the players? Several possibilities to consider for the math.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 18 2014 8:16 AM

SweetiePie:

It is a grand scheme, well planned over time. The jet will be fitted with an atomic warhead and re-enter with like mystery. It's destination is a likewise mystery with just a few possible targets. It is a joint effort, the players? Several possibilities to consider for the math.

That's some scary business to think about. Not far from a distinct possibility, either. Who's to say the pilots and stolen passport guys, among others,  aren't part of the same cell whose time has come?

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Mar 18 2014 8:47 AM

Yes, and current focus seems to appear to be upon a "train that has left the station". The true focus "must" be upon where it is going, ultimately, not on where it has been or where it might be now. Real news could create "panic" condition and so it will be kept from "wondering" minds. Sharpness seems less than sharp. Things that are done for a paycheck vs things that are done for power & principals of an oblique nature.

The passengers are gone and will never be found. 

• nashkurt
    173 Posts
    Tue, Mar 18 2014 9:43 AM

MH370 TRACK FLIGHT PATH OF SQ68 to BARCELONA...in the dark after turning of the transponder ...is it possible??..read on....>>>>>>MH370 SPECULATIONS

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Mar 18 2014 12:57 PM

Firstly I will apologise if my injected humour upset anyone. Personally I thought it was funny considering the circumstances insofar as we really have no idea where it is.

Jim, a couple of instances in fairly recent history where a jet has just disappeared - however all non passenger so SAR not so intense.

Nash, yes this idea has been bounced around and is theoretically possible but highly unlikely IMO. For it to work you would have to be very close behind and slightly above or below to avoid clear air turbulence - like a slipstream for motorbike racing. Any deviation would cause extreme turbulence. It also relies on sleepy ATC - highly possible at that time of day - you do not put your A team on for quiet periods.

And Sweetie. this has a report written a year or so by a US Government Agency - that stolen atomic material could be used in a aircraft. Possible yes, unlikely IMO, and I pray this is not the case.

If the jet is in the hands of such people we  will never know the outcome, but if so I am sure the authorities will know and take action. As I said previously, we are not privy to certain information,

RSS