Forums

Help › Forums

Login on Facebook v login on WGT

Sun, Jan 25 2015 11:11 AM (48 replies)
  • WahWah13
    30 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 3:56 PM

I have different passwords and it doesn't work.  I can't message my friends, write on my wall, edit my wall, blog, edit my friend's list, place a status on my wall - nothing - and there was no mention of it when I signed up which I consider fraudulent.  I've spent a lot of money ere and will not resign from my account to open a new one - it stinks and WGT should be able to do a work around.

• WahWah13
    30 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 4:01 PM

Sorry - no go here - BS and I don't mean backspin

• WahWah13
    30 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 4:04 PM

The friends list is important - also I had to use a work around to block a person.  I don;t need to decorate my wall - just have simple functions since I've put out buku bucks on this.

Once again - we were never told we would not receive the same benefits going through FB - and that's more than a shame.

• masnaktip
    340 Posts
    Mon, Mar 17 2014 9:46 AM

WahWah13:

I have different passwords and it doesn't work.  I can't message my friends, write on my wall, 

Nobody can write on their own wall it is for others to write on. There is a delete on each post on mine but that is all besides the one to view all at the top.

FACEBOOK IS WHAT IT IS *********  If people had a bit of smarts they would get away from FB. There are a lot of different ways which are better safer to talk with friends, post pictures and whatever.

• WahWah13
    30 Posts
    Mon, Mar 17 2014 9:52 AM

Fine but have no delete button where I can take your comment off my wall.  See?

As far as Facebook, I have used it for social media awareness for my clients and their missions and it is very effective.

• Marco129
    275 Posts
    Mon, Aug 4 2014 12:30 PM

It's all about the money honey.

WGT has raised more than $20 million dollars in venture capital. I am sure they need to pay these investors back at some point by some means.

I don't imagine the credits we buy add up to a hill of beans when stacked against their debt load and it's my guess that. WGT's income comes from having our personal information and by selling ads. You need page views to validate the dollars advertisers are willing to shell out for these ads. When linked thru Facebook, the ads and their revenue belong to Facebook and most of the WGT ads are not visible to the user via the Facebook portal.

It also appears that WGT has hooked up with Google as their preferred search engine and yet another source of income, and we all know how well Google and Facebook get along.

WGT's plan for using Facebook is only to drive users to the WGT site. This is a quote from an article in VentureBeat 3/16/10: "CEO Yuchiang Cheng tells VentureBeat that the company will use some of the new cash to launch a basic version of its game on Facebook — although he emphasizes it’s designed to be a marketing channel for the game website."

I am sorry for everyone's pain having created their accounts via Facebook, but after reading all the posts from WGT (or lack of with any clarity) I believe there are no plans to fix this Facebook issue (it's really a pretty simple fix), it's our issue, not WGT's.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Mon, Aug 4 2014 2:23 PM

Sorry, but if you're using FB in any capacity you get no sympathy. None... Give your head a shake.

• YKD25
    20 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 5:24 PM

YankeeJim:

It looks like the key is how you signed up with W.GT. Splash and the OP both signed up the Facebook way and are the ones having difficulty. Quitting and resigning up with W.GT isn't really fair to the unsuspecting ones finding W.GT through Facebook, either.

@ Ian.zzz and Splash-I have different passwords for Facebook and W,GT. Suppose you log on like normal, go and change your W.GT password under the Account tab, log out and then log back in with the new password?

Jim we r wgt friends and im locked on the fb version and ive tried everything uve said only my password that i originally used to sign up , is mysteriously no longer recognized and is absolutely pointless taking it up with w.gt.

trust me if u saw the emails between me and them u'd think u were hallucinating

• WahWah13
    30 Posts
    Fri, Oct 10 2014 12:26 PM

Yeah - faggidaboudit - nothing is going to change and I'm darn well not going to dump my account after having upgraded my clubs, etc and reaching my tier.  Live and learn...

• PBandy
    37 Posts
    Sun, Jan 4 2015 5:29 AM

Yes, this is how I do it:

I have never been able to access features on WGT website while logged into my WGT on facebook. I have figured out a work around.

While logged in and running wgt on facebook. Open a separate window and go to wgt.com. Click on "continue on to WGT" in the window on the top. WGT will come up. Click "log on with facebook". Some times you will see another log in page, just go ahead and hit "log in with facebook" again. You should see a pop up window that will disappear then WGT will start to load in facebook.This will take you back to WGT on facebook. Hit your browser's back button. Now you will be at the WGT website logged in on the WGT website with your FB account. I am using Google chrome. 

RSS