Forums

Help › Forums

Login on Facebook v login on WGT

Sun, Jan 25 2015 11:11 AM (48 replies)
  • Timnator
    272 Posts
    Wed, Mar 5 2014 7:09 AM

daddd1:

I have comodo & I signed in originally thru www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx, Then I bookmarked the page, I never sign out, just click the X. Works every time. I still can use facebook to sign in, but thats a hassle I don't need.

I have www.wgt.com/home.aspx bookmarked also, get homepage there.

Exactly what i do, just in Maxthon. I just set the game client as the page that opens when I run Maxthon...goes directly to the game menu

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 5 2014 7:22 AM

It looks like the key is how you signed up with WGT. Splash and the OP both signed up the Facebook way and are the ones having difficulty. Quitting and resigning up with WGT isn't really fair to the unsuspecting ones finding WGT through Facebook, either.

@ Ianzzz and Splash-I have different passwords for Facebook and WGT. Suppose you log on like normal, go and change your WGT password under the Account tab, log out and then log back in with the new password?

• pjctas0822
    4,559 Posts
    Wed, Mar 5 2014 1:21 PM
    What exactly are we who signed up using FB missing? I wont know its missing if I never had it. Can someone please explain why it is an advantage or better to sign up using the site directly as opposed to signing in using FB WGT App ? If it is a really big deal then WGT should be able to set our current account up so that we dont have to use FB to sign in at all right ? Mentioning to folks to start over sheeshhhh thought we had enough of that already LOL
  • daddd1
    171 Posts
    Wed, Mar 5 2014 2:05 PM

You are not missing anything.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, Mar 5 2014 9:39 PM

YankeeJim:

It looks like the key is how you signed up with WGT. Splash and the OP both signed up the Facebook way and are the ones having difficulty. Quitting and resigning up with WGT isn't really fair to the unsuspecting ones finding WGT through Facebook, either.

You're getting there Jim. :-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 6 2014 4:53 AM

courteneyfish:

I'm waiting to see if anybody tried the changing password thing.  Be proactive, try to find a fix or get grey waiting for WGT to. LOL :-)

• ESpence1
    156 Posts
    Thu, Mar 6 2014 7:34 AM

pjctas0822:
    What exactly are we who signed up using FB missing? I wont know its missing if I never had it. Can someone please explain why it is an advantage or better to sign up using the site directly as opposed to signing in using FB WGT App ? If it is a really big deal then WGT should be able to set our current account up so that we dont have to use FB to sign in at all right ?

We are missing the ability to add other players to our freinds in the game.  However they are able to add us as freinds.

intergame messaging that works both ways.  I receive messages but to date no one has received any of my replies.

Easier navigation through the WGT site.  If I go to the Country Club section to check the forum there I have to return to the lobby in Facebook to come to the forum here.  You can get to the ProShop your Profile and account but thats it.

You are also missing comments made by other golfers on your profile page they arent there and you don't see them on another players wall. 

You also have different options for purchasing credits and it is easier to get to the earn credits area.

I have bookmarked most of the areas so I can get to them faster but have a tag at the top of the page saying it appears you have an account and two log in options when I use them.

Heres what a typical profile looks like when accessed through FB.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Thu, Mar 6 2014 11:15 AM

YankeeJim:

courteneyfish:

I'm waiting to see if anybody tried the changing password thing.  Be proactive, try to find a fix or get grey waiting for WGT to. LOL :-)

Don't believe there are any plans to change the way this works.  Adding features is a possibility, but if you signed up for your account through Facebook you will have to log in through Facebook.  I am not aware of any workarounds to this. 

- WGTdbloshoe

• JSwim1
    12 Posts
    Thu, Mar 6 2014 11:51 PM

I am in the same boat unfortunately, pretty disappointing that there is no alternative

• SplashLewis
    358 Posts
    Fri, Mar 7 2014 4:33 AM

daddd1:

You are not missing anything.

You have been waaaay off in this thread.  no clue.  leave now. 

RSS