Mon, Sep 13 2010 9:34 AM (3 replies)
  • tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2010 9:29 AM

Sorry for laughing, that's a helluva way not to make birdie :^(

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2010 9:32 AM

Henry-Unfortunately what you see is not a bug, just an aggravating nuance of the game. If you watch closely the ball jerks ever so slightly as it hits the hole then turns right-your basic lip out. Given the mapping tolerances of the game (+ or - 1/2 inch according to WGTNiv) the picture doesn't line up with the path of the ball. I suspect when you made the putt you saw a lip out. Then looking at the replay where the tracer shows up it looks like the ball rolled right over the hole.

You wouldn't think this is right but there have been a lot of complaints about this very thing in the past few weeks, ever since WGT  started messing with the green speeds again. Sorry. Heh-I can't tell you how many times it's happened to me.  :-)

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2010 9:34 AM

Same green, but not a bug imo: http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=48deaa69-b81a-4bdd-9454-9def01643b3d

Your putt did ever so slightly "lip out" instead of rolling completely unphased by the hole, but it does seem as though it should've gone in or at least lipped a lot harder than that.

RSS