Forums

Help › Forums

LEGENDS DRIVER NEEDED ASAP!!!!!!

Fri, Sep 10 2010 1:05 PM (32 replies)
  • TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 8:00 AM

I agree 100%.  Legend Driver needed ASAP.  Tees tooooooooooooooooo far FFS!!!

• craiger85
    47 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 8:51 AM

I think that this should also fall under the "be careful what you wish for" category.

The biggest difference between this game and real life is the accuracy factor. While even the pros on the PGA will be prone to a period of spraying the ball all over the place, it is much easier for us to keep our shots in the short grass. Timing a click is much easier than making a mechanically sound golf swing.

If WGT were to create a so-called Legends driver which goes 300 yards (by the way, this year on tour, on holes where driving distance was measured, the longest average drive was 299.7 yards (http://www.pgatour.com/r/stats/info/?317)), the accuracy level would have to be extremely low in order to counter the natural accuracy of the game and mimic the fact that the longest drivers aren't necessarily the straightest.

The best thing you can do is take the time to learn how your clubs react in different situations and purchase balls which can slow the meter to appropriate speed or give you some of the distance you are looking for. It is still possible to score from the Masters tee without always having a wedge in hand; it just takes some effort to be as skilled with the mid and long irons as you are with your wedges.

• BirdieButton
    164 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 9:53 AM

stop  begging to give them more money!!

NO NEW DRIVER WGT,   COMPRENDE?

For ready-go and match play challenge games we MUST tee off from same tee box.

The "challenge"  is AWESOME  and I do EMBRACE it ,   but ONLY  in weekly WGT free to enter games!

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 5:14 AM

Fu@# this godamn bullsh$%!!!!  How can I beat other Masters in match play challenges when my tees are 20-50yrds further back!!!!!  I came back after taking a break off this game.  This is horsesh$%. 

THIS IS CRAP!!  WHERE IS MY 350 YRD DRIVER????? HUH WHERE IS IT GODAMNIT?? WHERE IS MY LEGEND FU*&ING DRIVER WGT A$$HOL#$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 5:16 AM

THIS IS A FU^%ING JOKE!!!   How can I beat other Masters in match play challenges when my tees are 20-50yrds further back!!!

PUT ALL MASTERS AT SAME TEE LENGTH!!!! AND THE GO FU%$ YOURSELF, AND PUT A BULLET IN YOUR FU%$KING HEAD FOR PISSING ME OFF A$$HOL#$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• wsmd
    63 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 6:43 AM

..Wake up and smell the roses, this is golf not friggin darts.. how many under par do people really want to get..?????     I doubt you'll ever be content until your shooting sub 65's.. remember, its a game of golf, WGT are trying to make everything as realistic as the real game, not some pretentious back alley schools kid game..!!!

• rlweller
    108 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:10 AM

yes stevie i have noticed that balls are not lasting as long as before they did something to them also without telling us.Pokerstars and Fulltilt here i come back

• pluer
    142 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:59 AM

Hey, I completely agree with craiger - this game should be realistic as much as possible. IT IS NOT - Imagine the best golfplayers on the world with a 275 average drive - HAHAHAHA - funny. Vila - cmon man, I can only play andrews back and front ready gos coz of the wind - u r talking about missing a drive and go for par - with 29 headwind - maaan - not even my wood can reach the green sometimes - I tried to play the bethpage single 18 - no thanks, keep it.

• Mike3226
    2,683 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 8:37 AM

I wonder how far a 300 yard driver would travel with a 30mph wind behind and a lucky bounce at St Andrews.  My driver is rated at 278 yards and I've registered a best drive of 404 yards. On this basis I guess you could expect 450 yards + out of a 300 yard driver - is that realistic?

OK 400+ is extremely rare but drives of around 350 yards are pretty common, trouble is they are common for all players using similar equipment and some of these players have a massive advantage by playing off the forward tees.  I certainly won't be playing any MPC matches against anybody below my tier, If they are any good I might as well concede on first tee! 

The Legend tier is going to become isolated from the other tiers as far as match play is concerned and it will probably result in less Legends entering RG's. 

It's a shame that WGT doesn't have a handicapping system to equalise the skill levels rather than the present system. 

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 8:51 AM

Mike I guess your right, your driver is rated 278yds and hit the perfect spot to jump it to 404yds.  I guess us having a 300yd driver would put us at 430yds in that situation, only we are not going to land it in that same spot since we are 50yds further back on the tees.  I also guess at Whistling Straights Bubba Watson played a Par 5 Driver/Lob wedge.  Guess that was unrealistic, excpept it happend.

RSS