Fri, Sep 10 2010 1:05 PM (32 replies)
  • ironking34
    749 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 1:55 PM

That's all I have to say.......

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 2:13 PM

I'll second that. Just played Bethpage, 3 wood for my second into 5, 10, 12....last 3 times I've failed to clear the bunker on 12 ffs.

• MJS74
    341 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 2:13 PM

Legend Driver or Legend Balls.  Either way, 30 yds needed

• villadeoro
    419 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 2:22 PM

We should addapted our game to new distance. Its not a problem to make -8 or -12 if all legend players are in the same conditions. Now you need to fight to make few birdies, we cant make birdie in all of holes. This time at the moment is finish. Welcome to new game!

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 2:48 PM

Hi Villa, long time no play or speak! I here this word adapt being used to describe the situation Legends now find themselves in. I have to admit I don't quite understand how I can adapt my game to cope with the increased difficulty. I cannot develop my game so that my 6 iron goes 200 yards instead of 175 yards. I cannot change the fact that my driver may not be long enough to enable me to reach the greens with my second shot. I can however improve the number of times I hit the ding which can only help. I think what people mean by adapt is get better. I think we all strive for that anyway but it shouldn't be forgotten that a dinged 8 iron will end up closer than a dinged 3 iron more times than not.

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 3:04 PM

villadeoro:

We should addapted our game to new distance. Its not a problem to make -8 or -12 if all legend players are in the same conditions. Now you need to fight to make few birdies, we cant make birdie in all of holes. This time at the moment is finish. Welcome to new game!

I'm trying to adapt....I've started playing with the I15's woods and irons and the superTri master driver, the greens are more receptive to the I15 irons but it's hit and miss with trying to control the meter speed.  Even with these longer clubs I'm still left with 190 and 200 yards to the green for my second shot.  We all know that wedges and higher irons stop better on the green than the woods and lower irons.  We can practice all we want it's just not going to be something that we're going to be able to do with any consistency.  A new driver is definitely needed.

• RUSTY40
    255 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 3:09 PM

Don't know where the Golf Channel is getting the yardages from, but Ernie lists his yardages on his site. They're slightly off, but not too bad.

Driver: 290
    3-wood: 255
    2-iron: 238
    3-iron: 225
    4-iron: 212
    5-iron: 205
    6-iron: 188
    7-iron: 178
    8-iron: 164

9-iron: 152
    PW: 134
    SW 54-degrees: 120
    SW 59-degrees: 88 

Got this from the Golfwrx web site. This is how Legend clubs should perform.

• stevietwotimes
    1,327 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 3:20 PM

add my name to that list,so frustrating.....wheres the longer legends driver .....

and another thing why are the GI-SD balls not lasting very long.....

• villadeoro
    419 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 5:11 PM

i understand all your words but only try to see a good thing in all of this (really complicated sometimes). The big problem is that when you missed a oixel in ding with driver and go to roough, its impossible go to green in second shot from more than 200 yards and should play for par. A lot of shots could be only for par and puts normally been longer than before. This happend to me now (only see my avg up to 62-63). I want to tell to WGT team that they try to unificated green speed and when we make ding , please, ball go where we aim (with wind @12 sometimes my ball goes 5 yards left or right). Good luck to all

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 6:02 PM

Legend Driver?

Didn't you guys get the memo? Clubs are no longer restricted by tier. 

There won't be a Legend Driver.

It will be a Level 100+ driver. It will go 278.5 yards and be the longest in the game.

WGT can take there time on this one, it will be at least 6 months before anyone could buy it.

Pessimistic but realistic view isn't it? I am just trying to point out that the problem goes well beyond the lack of a "Legend Driver" WGT really screwed up when they grossly shorted us and started us at Level 30. should be 75.

RSS