Help › Forums

Country Club Chat

Mon, Oct 3 2016 2:47 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Sat, Feb 8 2014 4:44 PM

Priesum:

I fully agree with you - chat outside of actual game would be very very useful!

However, like most of the tools that CC owners are yearning for, it requires quite a lot of changes to the WGT site and I frankly cannot see it happen.

Also, it would more than likely have a detrimental effect on most players meter performances and therefore cannot see it being implemented.

But good thoughts - and a great CC website too!

Kelly

(ex owner, The Oddball CC)

Hey Kelly thanks for your reply.

Chat is already available in the game, so this is about chat being made available on the CC Homepage outside of the game window. It's really to benefit those players who belong to a club and want to chat with other members without having to enter the game to do so.

It shouldn't affect any players having meter issues in the game such as a meter stutter etc.

Meter stutter issues can be caused by any of the following: compatibility issues with the web browser, slow or intermittent internet speed, external applications/programs causing interference, a cache that needs clearing, a problem with Adobe or WGT servers coping with a high volume of traffic (which affects everyone). 

The Country Club Chat program would be simple - similar to the chat program found in the lobby and could be run outside of the game or  simultaneously without making any difference to gameplay.

I don't know about whether it will happen or not? I know it wouldn't require a lot to implement but WGT would need to consider it in 'their interests' enough to make it happen. I'm just putting the idea to them and trust WGTicon will send it up the chain. The rest is up to them :)

Thanks for your feedback on the website.

• WIGCON
    85 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2014 3:45 PM

Yes so am I.

It is very hard to send out invites to join our CC when the (send to wgt friends) list only has members in it. It would be better to have non members in that list....

• WIGCON
    85 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2014 4:07 PM

This is a great idea! I have been trying to find something like this for our CC members to keep in contact, without needing to begin a game.

Just like real golf clubs, where members can chat to friends before and after the game and only able to chat to players when on course..

The problem using a outside program for chat, is not relevant with this game!

As we all know having other programs running, or another widow open while playing WGT,courses the meter to jump and the game to stop, disconnect, reload. Over and over. Forcing the players to give up, due to frustration coursed by the never ending reloads!

Having another program running to chat on will not work!!

After playing games with other users, and becoming wgt friends with them, and being unable to chat with each other, is creating a situation where some payers think you are rude, because you have not kept up the communications with them. These people then leave the CC!

Having a chat area would certainly create another income stream for wgt, players would be able to discuss there equipment, sharing information and purchasing gifts for fellow CC members.

There needs to be a community feeling on WGT, not a felling of being left out...

Wig

• PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2016 11:33 AM

I completely forgot I'd started this thread years ago...

...well I was just looking at what's missing from the Country Club page a moment ago and the obvious thing is a simple CC chatbox.

I wanted to communicate with some of my members and I can't other than by sending individual messages, which is a hassle.

Yes, there are external programs but first you have to organize getting members on them and they're workarounds because there's nothing provided by WGT.

A CC chatbox is such a simple solution. The ease of being able to communicate with fellow CC members through the game would transform it and benefit both WGT and players.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 6:11 PM

Forget it. 

it aint gonna happen.

The archaic platform WGT is built on wont allow it. 

Facebook works. Set up a club Facebook page 

• Eddy0101
    394 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 10:30 PM

Hi Pr

Have you tried using the hang out tab on the CC page??  just make sure all members inter a e-mail when they join it is a chat room.

• PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Fri, Sep 30 2016 6:42 AM

Eddy0101:

Hi Pr

Have you tried using the hang out tab on the CC page??  just make sure all members inter a e-mail when they join it is a chat room.

What "hang out tab" is that?  Could not find anything in-game or out-of-game.

SHRUDE:

The archaic platform WGT is built on wont allow it.

Not sure why you think that is? Adding a basic chat channel to the CC page is not a massive undertaking nor is it sophisticated or resource heavy. I think it has less to do with the platform and probably more to do with WGT's preference to waste their time developing in-game gimmicks

• Eddy0101
    394 Posts
    Fri, Sep 30 2016 3:38 PM

Hi Pr

I am a Pc user are you a mobile player?? If so I understand I have asked WGT about the mobile player platform and I am still waiting for a answer My CC is about 60% mobile players now. The only thing that has Me puzzled is why they can not play in the CC Clashes. WGT Can make a app for chat for mobile they can make a app for Pc to plav on that platform or develop flash for the mobile OS.

I think it is the lack of willingness to do so My opinion, It would be to WGT advantage to make all platforms compatible, both in play and chat.

You can go the rout of Skype, Yahoo Messenger or Msn Messenger but I think for WGT a in house Messaging program platform compatible is Great Option for All.

Peace and Good Golf

Eddy

• PTrenter
    437 Posts
    Mon, Oct 3 2016 2:47 AM

Reading back over this thread I was surprised to see such engagement from Icon.  Then I noticed the date.  It's a sad sign of the WGT times that WGT hardly ever actively respond on the forums anymore.

As for the chatbox, can't see it ever happening if only down to the fact it'd be very hard for WGT to make any money out of it.  As per the forum, there is much better to be found outside of the game.  We use our own forum and chatbox which work well for us.

• PAGES
RSS