Help › Forums

Fringe putting

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 13 2010 9:41 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 1:18 AM

I don't care that a zillion threads have been started on this topic, im starting yet another.   With the recent chances to green speeds THIS MUST BE FIXED.    With the greens now being extremely fast, sometimes chipping is not a viable option WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO PUTT WITH HOWEVER *** MUCH POWER WE WANT.    In real life, 1% difference in the amount of force you impact the ball with will roughly correlate to 1% difference in distance traveled.  On here, 1% of power is the difference between your ball going nowhere and going 20 feet now with these green speeds.

THIS IS A BUG AND IS COMPLETELY F*CKED

• TheZiggy
    550 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 9:13 AM

I whole heartedly agree with you. I've had many a good round ruined by the unrealistic way that the fringe seems to have superglue on it. How many times have we seen a shot from off the green stop absolutely dead when the ball hits the fringe, but if you played the same shot on the fairway it will behave naturally.

Hole 12 at Kiawah is an example. If you find the fringe to the left of the pin, it's almost impossible to get near the hole. Any putt from the fringe is impossible. If you hit it hard enough to get out of the fringe, you'll be right at the other side of the green. A chip is the only viable option, but due to the downslope. Unfortunately even that can leave you on the fringe if you're not right at the edge.

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 9:24 AM

Just had one myself that went absolutely nowhere, and another that went the stated distance. WTF?

Am also quite upset about the flop shot rolling so far and not staying in air nearly the stated distance.

WGT really needs to get on these bugs. It's not fun wasting shots by seemingly hitting through the ball.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 11:11 AM

Can't say its happened to me lately, but thats probably because I started chipping from the fringe to keep that bug from biting me.  I hope WGT lets us know when it gets fixed and I hope its soon.

Joey

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 1:23 PM

I vote that we start slapping Nivlac until it's fixed.

• MJS74
    341 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 1:42 PM

Totally agree, playing from the fringe on tournament speed greens is a nonsense.  chipping downhill, 16ft from the back of 10 at Bethpage.

Whole hearted support from me for the plea.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 2:08 PM

Thats exactly where I was MJ, back of 10 bethpage.   After wiffing a putt???  (never once seen someone wiff a putt IRL)  I took a half meter chip and went 10 ft past.  I'm sure any less power on my chip and I would of flubbed that an inch also. 

I'm 100% fine with having fast greens, but at least make them playable from the fringe.

• TheZiggy
    550 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 2:44 PM

So far I've not been off the back of the green at Bethpage 10. Seem to have a current fixation with landing in the bunker on the front left. lol. Saved par each time, but one time I'm sure to end up in that fringe, which is obviously totally unplayable on the tournament greens.

I've pretty much given up attempting to putt from the fringe, because there is no way to know how much fringe you're trying to putt through. It's annoying, because a chip is so much harder to play than a putt.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 2:51 PM

I had it on BP but it was on the front 9 pretty sure it was 4! Wow, super glue more like gorilla glue. I thought it was just me!

• Golfspieler
    1,614 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2010 9:36 AM

The fringe monster got me today @ Bethpage 18. Nice way to end a round of golf . I really didn't see any reason not to putt it as I putt from the fringe all the time, but this time it went only 7 inches. Not wanting to chip I tried it again with the putter and it went 4 feet past the hole. Must have been while I was 7 inches closer lol. Please WGT fix this bug, its so anoying when this happens !!

http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx?view=showReplay&JSON=%7B%20%22GUID%22%20%3A%20%2290150abb-fd8a-4984-876d-9df00108ef0c%22%2C%20%22Brand%22%20%3A%20%22undefined%22%20%7D

• PAGES
RSS