Mon, Mar 25 2024 8:08 PM (319 replies)
  • adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Sun, May 18 2014 5:49 AM

got to 71.8 and gained tour pro my average s now 76 don't unerstad

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, May 18 2014 9:04 AM

Hey Lux, aside from your question, I have one. In your photo, what kind of smoke is that?

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sun, May 18 2014 10:24 AM

My guess goes for a Cohiba. Miguel Jiménez apparently is an ambassador for Cuban cigars.

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Sun, May 18 2014 5:01 PM

ada it resets after u tier up so now u need the required rounds for the next tier bro

so until u put in the 25 rounds ur avg will go up and down depending on what u score

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Sun, May 18 2014 6:03 PM

alosso said

And, the game is not about struggling for the average but about fun and recreation, making and meeting friends and use this to hone your skills.

My 2 Pfennig.

----

I concur with this attitude. A LOT of people I meet on here have the mindset of 'tiering up' or lowering their average, which I understand and respect. I have similar desires but my goals differ somewhat as I like the fun and progression and social aspect.

I like the idea of using voice chat ( C3 , teamspeak ) or text chat, the blog, forum and using Twitch TV to make highlights of the exciting shots and plays. I was interested in Leveling up, as I had my share of XP boost drinks mainly to get clubs that had precision so I didn't have to relearn or guess if I was doing it right.

Entertainment, using intelligence and personal progression abound with this game so I'm fine at tour pro for now. The tiers will come when they come, but it is not my main goal in WGT.

• Steven1163
    2,912 Posts
    Sun, May 18 2014 7:50 PM

ApexPC:
    Once saturated you scoring average can stay the same or go down, but it can no longer go up.

I'm confused by what you mean Apex....each time I've tiered up....my avg has jumped up.  example:  When I went from TM to Legend...my avg was 60.18...My first round at Legend, I shot a 37...avg went to 74.   My understanding of this "tiering up"  your avg starts over...and yes, it can and will go up.  As a matter of fact, my avg went up everytime I tiered up.  Your avg isn't saturated, you merely meet your required ranked rounds and avg to move up.  But your avg doesn't stay the same unless you keep shooting in the score range of your avg.

~Steven~

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sun, May 18 2014 9:39 PM

ApexPC:
    Once saturated you scoring average can stay the same or go down, but it can no longer go up.

Saturation is our word for having played a certain no. of ranked rounds (i.e. strokeplay, excluding Par3 and Par5 rounds). This process repeats with each tier.

Steven1163:
    Your avg isn't saturated, you merely meet your required ranked rounds [...]

(true statement cut for clarification)

We say, "Your avg is saturated when you meet your required ranked rounds." After that, only good scores move the average, and only down. On high scores, it will stay unaltered = the same.

Pardon me if I misunderstood you.

• Steven1163
    2,912 Posts
    Mon, May 19 2014 5:12 PM

alosso:
    Saturation is our word for having played a certain no. of ranked rounds (i.e. strokeplay, excluding Par3 and Par5 rounds). This process repeats with each tier

I do understand the saturation...and yes it does change at each level...but your average CAN go up...until you reach the saturation..or required ranked rounds in laymans terms...your average can still climb, only after you reach the saturation level, then, your highest rounds will be kicked out and replaced with lower ranked scores.   But, until you reach that, your average can rise and keep you from getting to the required avg/rank rounds total.

~Steven~

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, May 19 2014 10:02 PM

+1 - and you are in total agreement with Apex who said the same in other words.

Peace!

• SplashLewis
    358 Posts
    Tue, May 20 2014 7:48 AM

Steven1163:

I do understand the saturation...and yes it does change at each level...but your average CAN go up...until you reach the saturation..or required ranked rounds in laymans terms...your average can still climb, only after you reach the saturation level, then, your highest rounds will be kicked out and replaced with lower ranked scores.   But, until you reach that, your average can rise and keep you from getting to the required avg/rank rounds total.

~Steven~

Not sure if that matches what i have read before.  So help me here.

To get to tour legend, you need 500 ranked rounds correct?  your score is the avg of the best 100 rds, correct?  So lets say i have 200 rounds as a legend.  100 of those rounds, i scored a 60.  Are you saying that my avg can still go up even though my best 100 is still an avg of 60?   If you are, then you are saying that my average will be based on EVERY round up to the 500th round  and then at that point, wgt will change my average base on the best 100 of the 500. So one shouldn't be surprised to see there average drop several points when they hit that 500th round.

RSS