Forums

Help › Forums

Advancing to a new tier

Mon, Mar 25 2024 8:08 PM (319 replies)
  • seamus78
    4 Posts
    Fri, Feb 16 2018 1:48 AM

Thanks for that but not sure that is true, as the friend I mentioned earlier like me only plays coin games and games against me & he tiered up from Tour Master to Legend recently 

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Feb 16 2018 1:05 PM

It is a mere assumption from reports known here which would lead me to saying "it stops as TM."

It would be no less (but no more) logical to have players go until Legend tier - those who know for sure hide in (official) silence :(

• Simmzy75
    2 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2018 2:07 PM

Viewing peoples posts, my direct experience contradicts any supposed formula.  I earned Master at level 42, which apparently is quite early, and Ive never played a ranked round...noting my average score of 150.00.

Can anyone explain that...

Cheers

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2018 5:34 PM

Simmzy75:

Viewing peoples posts, my direct experience contradicts any supposed formula.  I earned Master at level 42, which apparently is quite early, and Ive never played a ranked round...noting my average score of 150.00.

Can anyone explain that...

Easily explained.

No one has ever said that the only way to tier up is by that formula. There is more than one way to tier up. Until one gets to Legend tier, for example, players can tier up by doing very well in tournaments or by winning in match play.

For mobile players who are only playing coin room games, which it sounds like you might be doing, it appears that players are being moved up by WGT based on levels. 

• Simmzy75
    2 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2018 5:56 PM

Excellent, thanks Robert!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2018 7:54 PM

Compared to my day when it took forever and a day to Tier up.  Nowadays is quite easy and fast.

We had the same courses years back but with all the better clubs and balls we have now and maybe a couple of other little things   lol people are shooting good scores early.  Saying that I think Wgt should bring back the Raptures,  thay were ok   lol

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2018 7:59 PM

Maybe true, but I can't help but wonder, that if that be true, why and how do I encounter so many tour pros, masters, and tour masters that are mid to upper 90 levels?  I just played a tour pro who was a level 97.  I'm wondering where the cut offs would be? 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2018 8:06 PM

Luckystar5:
    Maybe true, but I can't help but wonder, that if that be true, why and how do I encounter so many tour pros, masters, and tour masters that are mid to upper 90 levels?  I just played a tour pro who was a level 97.  I'm wondering where the cut offs would be? 

Well, it might not be levels at all. It's just one of the guesses that I've read. It might be based on their winning percentage in the coin rooms. Maybe levels play a role and maybe it doesn't. 

The bottom line is that mobile players who play coin rooms are being tiered up based on metrics other than scoring average. Maybe the people you're playing don't have a good win percentage in coin rooms or don't play very much in the coin rooms. 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2018 8:16 PM

I have no clue as to what the parameters are, like someone else said, the powers that are, won't say.  But tps, masters and tour masters, being high levels are in the Tokyo room.  Believe me, they are very good players, with high end equipment. I just call them professional coin gamers, playing for fairly high stakes. 

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2018 10:01 PM

Luckystar5:

(edited)

These low tier, high level players are

- NOT playing on mobile, where promotion by level replaces the traditional way, "by average".,

- NOT playing (or winning) credit games like tournaments or challenge match play one-on-one,

and

- NOT producing the necessary number of good scores in ranked strokeplay.

It's a legit way to play the game, though some call it sandbagging.

RSS