Forums

Help › Forums

Advancing to a new tier

Mon, Mar 25 2024 8:08 PM (319 replies)
  • seamus78
    4 Posts
    Wed, Feb 14 2018 3:47 AM

I wonder can you or anyone help, I am currently a tour master and am unsure of what I need to do to tier up. I only play coin games and 3 hole games against a friend, I tiered up from master to tour master a few weeks ago but I didn’t think coin games counted as ranked rounds for tiering up purposes.

It hasn’t been too bothered before but the friend I play every day, and it’s very competitive, has tiered up to Legend and is now refusing  to play me as we are playing off different tees now ! 

Any advice appreciated. I am playing on IOS app

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Feb 14 2018 5:14 PM

Check this active thread for some info

Tiering up

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Feb 14 2018 6:13 PM

@seamus78

First, I think that's a pretty crappy reason for your "friend" to stop playing you. He or she needs to get over it. 

Second, I don't know that there's a quick way to tier up to Legend tier. A couple of approaches would be to play a lot of ranked rounds on St. Andrews, front 9. It can be a pretty easy course. With the right wind conditions, you can have wedges into more than half the of par 4s as well as the par 5 (if you're not on in 2).

Or you could just play a bunch of country club tournaments from the short tees (if your country club has that as an option.)

To get to Legend from Tour Master, you'll need 50 ranked rounds and an average of 61.000 or lower. That means using that route is something that can't be done very quickly, unless you play a lot. 

But none of that should really matter (IMO). It's clear that you're not sandbagging. Yes, because you have great clubs, you have the other player at a disadvantage. But again, the other person should get over it. 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Feb 14 2018 8:10 PM

If you just meet a friend then yes you go off default tees for your tier, if you happen to meet in a coin room at 10,0000 coin and above you will then be on the same tees.  The forward tee goes away in that coin room and higher.  The challenge with meeting in a coin room is a lot of other people are playing so odds are u wont match up unless you tried to go in at the same time and get lucky.  

On mobile i dont think you can play match play against higher tier players on desktop you can and when you defeat a higher tier player it does lower your wgt ave as though you shot a really low score... but that is on desktop pc.  Moving back to legend tees can require better equipment so make sure you are ready or you may end up longing for better clubs.  

Thats what i am aware of... but on mobile you can always find coin games...

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Feb 14 2018 10:33 PM

Robert1893:
    To get to Legend from Tour Master, you'll need 50 ranked rounds and an average of 61.000 or lower.
    "Ranked" means 9 or 18 holes strokeplay, including tourneys. This is not H2H nor coin rooms play!

• seamus78
    4 Posts
    Thu, Feb 15 2018 1:28 AM

Yeah that’s what I don’t quite understand, I only play coin games and 3 hole games against a friend, who I know personally, yet I tiered up from master to tour master a few weeks ago. So I am assuming the coin games do count on mobile ?

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Feb 15 2018 4:27 AM

@alosso

I understand that. That’s why I wrote “ranked rounds” rather than simply typing playing 9 or 18 hole rounds. 

Or were you simply clarifying for the other player?

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Feb 15 2018 5:43 AM

Robert1893:
    were you simply clarifying for the other player?
    I was, as a mobile player might not be firm in these terms.

Forgot to mark it as an addendum. Sorry for that!

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Feb 15 2018 6:40 AM

No worries!

It was a good clarification. 

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Feb 15 2018 2:01 PM

seamus78:
    I only play coin games and 3 hole games against a friend, who I know personally, yet I tiered up from master to tour master a few weeks ago. So I am assuming the coin games do count on mobile ?
    Everything counts on mobile, because each game contributes to the XPs and levels.

Your experience underlines what I heard: Tiers on mobile are connected to levels, and up to Tour Master. While H2H and other mobile games are practice by definition and don't count towards the average, you have been promoted in tier by levelling up.

But, if you want to become Legend, you have to play ranked strokeplay for a 61.00 average.

RSS