Forums

Help › Forums

Advancing to a new tier

Mon, Mar 25 2024 8:08 PM (319 replies)
  • K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2018 11:03 PM
    Just for the record, I played a Legend in a coin room the other day who had an average of 150. First sighting, but it does suggest that you can make Legend in a coin room without playing a single ranked round. Now, I don't know why you'd want to, but it appears it can be done.
  • alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, May 13 2018 12:03 AM

Strictly

alosso:
    playing on mobile, where promotion by level replaces the traditional way, "by average".

Obviously, up into the Legend tier.

• Brooke567
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2018 2:46 AM

How do you kniw how many rounds you have played in that tier level? I know how many ive played all up but not at the level i am currently at! Cheers

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2018 9:41 AM

There is no official (or unofficial) indication, and the company has no interest to let us know.

As a TP, you can probably count the rounds in your score history. You, for instance, have two TP rounds, and you had about 35 Pro rounds (estimating).

Later (from Tour Master up) you may want to save the scores (works fine in Excel), because the history holds only 200 scores, including CTTH and Blitz.

You can also write down the RR (ranked rounds) number of the tier upgrade and make an educated guess later.

Last but not least, it's possible to calculate the number from a sequence of score and average data, as long as you aren't "saturated".

But, in the end, this number has no great importance.

- you will plainly see when you are saturated,
    - and it doesn't matter unless you match the average threshold.

Most important: Have fun!

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2018 9:45 AM

• grossstadtkerl
    267 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2018 1:39 PM

The correct answer is he has played two ranked rounds since then. One with 34 and one with 32 score. This gives an average of 66.

Wolfgang

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, Jun 11 2018 4:00 AM

alosso:

Strictly

alosso:
    playing on mobile, where promotion by level replaces the traditional way, "by average".

Obviously, up into the Legend tier.

If, by playing coin games, you get promoted by levels, how can there be tour pros, at level 103 ? There is so much unknown, that even what we think we know about the mobile platform, has way too many exceptions, to the rule.   Another instance is the apparel program , we have no info from wgt, as to how it works etc., we can only guess.  The mobile platform, has so many unknowns, it's hard to get a grip on any aspect of it.  Must be, that if we don't know the rules, they can't break them, if they decide to change things around ?  

• 1950saverio
    1 Posts
    Wed, Sep 25 2019 4:23 PM

I don't think so Courtneyfish. I 've played against master tier people and some of them have a average stroke of 71  to 90, so I don't think that's the case.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Sep 25 2019 5:58 PM

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Wed, Sep 25 2019 9:21 PM

TopShelf2010:

There was a player who was promoted to Tour Champion and purposely maxed out his next round just to spite the process. LOL Could you imagine a Tour Champion with an average over 150? That's good stuff right there.

Don

I think I'm gonna do that just for giggles when I get promoted

Or not ...

RSS