Forums

Help › Forums

Ok seriously ..... suggestions with a bit of griping

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 1 2009 8:38 AM (41 replies)
    1,644 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 10:39 AM

And for the record, I am for more accuracy at the sacrifice of distance if only for the fact that to lessen the accuracy, WGT would need to add in more 'black box' variables that will leave us all scratching our heads as to why a shot behaved the way it did.  We finally are starting to get away from that, and can rationalize how we screwed any given shot.

Oh and btw, I can guarantee that none of us average a 285 yard drive! I've averaged maybe just over 240 lately and that happens to be the distance of the R9 driver.  The only reason it's over is because most holes are set up with tail wind all the time, and are downhill.

Lee

• ToughCool
    70 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 11:57 AM

OK, no one is averaging 285...but looking and some of you guys who actually have a few longs in the 280s still is crazy by these club standards. I'll admit that being relatively new I'm sure there is alot I can learn and I'm doing fairly well. But to have clubs that don't match the real game just isn't realistic to me. I think many would scramble still even with an extra 10 yards but at least they could maybe find a green in 2 on a Par 4.

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 12:40 PM

Avatar Lee I agree 100% with you.  I may not be able to beat you but at least I know I have my chance if I hit the mark.  In it's current state, If I score poorly on a hole I know why.  To lessen the accurcay and add in factors that are unknown, would be a change I would not want to deal with. 

Again,

• Woods was the only golfer to break par in 2002
    • The Black played over par all four days, with a total scoring average of 74.9. Sunday's final round yielded only three subpar rounds.
    • some players who had too much difficulty on No. 10 and No. 12 complained, These are par 4 holes where the average score was about 4.5 during the championship.  Remember the holes where the pros complained that they couldn't even reach the fairway from the tee? The United States Golf Association's senior director of rules and competitions was called in to the U.S. Open media room after Friday's controversial round to address complaints about the way the tees were set up at the seventh, 10th and 12th holes. With Friday's wind into the tee box, 15 consecutive players failed to hit drives long enough to reach the start of the 10th fairway. Sound familiar?

Yes, there were more than a handful of pros that could not reach the fairway on these two holes, and the scoring average for both of these par 4's was roughly 4.5.  The course on WGT is playing much truer than many people want to believe.

• nolimt735
    3 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 12:44 PM

I understand what everyone is saying.  But you have to look at it this way.  Those holes where you never hit the fairway, were you ever going to make the green in two shots.  Probably not, so what is the difference?  Getting it back in the fairway and play the next shot close to the whole.  I have shot a 74 on BB it takes really good course management, putting and short game to succeed.  While I do agree that it is absurd that some fairways can't be hit, I realize I was never going to make the green in two anyways and try my best on the third shot. 

• kayswah
    2 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 2:47 PM

The graphics are the best I've ever seen but the putting and the auto selection of clubs is garbage. I would just rather play a chipping contest than an actual stroke play. If this is the beta then I can understand the growing pains but to keep people that aren't cheating to come back, things have to be tweaked. I've been playing for two days strsaight and still have not gotten better. I would rather run in front of traffic than continue to play this game. You guys have the graphics down but it takes alot more than good graphics to create a game that people will play.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 3:25 PM

The last time they had a version that made it much more difficult in terms of accuracy, there was a near riot in these forums.

• beamer750
    38 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 3:52 PM

Avatrar ..if you are comparing this to real life golf then a Master on here would be equivilant to any PGA pro on tour, so it would have nothing to do with how far we hit a driver in real life because its not real life.

• badaboom
    238 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 3:54 PM

Guys, Just remember when the one day challenge comes count on the conditions getting worse,ie wind stronger and greens faster! Practice outta that rough now!

• beamer750
    38 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 3:54 PM

AVATAR...SORRY..CANT SPELL BRO :)

• Ketner
    49 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 8:03 PM

WHATS THE POINT. I think in order for this game to be realistic as I have said before, yardages should be the same as the pga tour. If tiger gets a drive over 300 yds then we should too. If tour avg is 285 then we should have the same. Im sick of hearing about accuracy etc. They could easily put a red zone on the end of the meter that if we choose to hit it to the max then we deal with a meter speed twice as fast as normal. That would not only make us only use it if we really thought we needed it rather than make the game any easier and have users using that feature all of the time.

Instead of them adding better clubs as they go and make me wish i didnt just waste money on the last one perhaps they should get that part figured out and come up with a permanent club selection.

Also, anyone blabbing about who can hit what and how far and how often, shut up ! ! THIS POST IS NOT ABOUT OUR PERSONAL GAMES. We dont know eachother.

so WGTALEX, how bout it. A red section on the end of the meter which puts it to a 280 to 300 yd drive but also causes a much faster meter speed. Makes sense to me. Besides on the holes where you cant reach the fairway why not try and if you end up in the rough well guess what. you would have anyways.

RSS