Forums

Help › Forums

Ok seriously ..... suggestions with a bit of griping

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 1 2009 8:38 AM (41 replies)
  • Ketner
    49 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 12:01 AM

I would either get rid of the chipping option or fix it ! !

Also, I would like to address the fact that unlike the pga tour and its ability at the us open to reach the fairways we cannot. I know this is going to get beat to death and I have always said there needs to be some more distance in our drives.

How is it possible that I have a PRO rating however I drive the ball 235 yds on avg.

Everybody who supports wgt says " oh but its so realistic" Tour avg is 285 " " Theres no way you can hit the ball 285 consistently "

1. If we are going to play this far back in the tees then wake up everyone we need more distance.

2. If chipping is going to vary this much and be so ineffective then remove it or fix it.

3. I can drive the ball 260 - 285 consistently not nearly as accurate as the pros but I have alot of power in my swing. Occasionally I hit 300 yds, eyes closed dropping a nut and hurting myself but it does happen. I only mention this to squash any nay sayers simply because Im not bragging but making a factual comparrison. Weve already had this discussion under a different topic so if your repost or reply to this post is to argue my ability then **** off.

WGT keeps adding different clubs, features but they're not fixing there core errors/flaws - in fact they seem to be getting worse, putting got worse.

I just purchased the new wedge with alot of spin, what a waste of a 1.10. My Ping did the same.

Things I would like to see added

draw or fade options

better sweet spot for making straight powerful shots

an occasional 285-300 yd drive

forgiving putting, I know we all push and pull puts but we dont do it every hole

ball options like spin, distance etc and figure it in

ability to put some usable spin on the ball to pull it back

elevation markings

etc

I know it is just a beta aka work in progress but the core flaws should be fixed and my god seriously, can we maybe get some better driving distances, otherwise I have more fun screwing up on the golf course in real life, atleast then if i power the club in an attempt for extra yardage I have the ability to do so and as well mess up.

This game should be more about mechanics rather than trigger speed which is effected by the poor connections sometimes.

Ok so all in all, love the game, cant wait till its perfect, and my biggest gripe about the us open yardages are founded because most of the other users are making the same arguement

As I said in the above statement, I love the game and am not trying to *** about anything, but as someone who has paid in for clubs and spent a bit of time and referring a few people to the site I feel I have the right to complain a little.

I just want to be able to hit the fairways on the us open or at least hit the par 4s in 2 if i have to perfect shots. this approach shot to par putt stuff is getting old now.

So WGT Developers please take this as constructive critizism / suggestions not as bitching. Great Site, Great Graphics, but its seriously beyond frustrating, I dont get this pissed on the golf course in real life.  

• Matthew2013
    13 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 12:21 AM

I'm with you 100% you are right on with everything you said. Good post.

• Ketner
    49 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 12:24 AM

Thanks, I thought the first reply would be some ass who said I was wrong, I had a lot to say and I believe i put it in a suggestive way rather than bitching lol.

• spears11b
    1 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 4:43 AM

Everything that you said was on the money except one thing. Why have a free game that you can play when your going to force people to buy better clubs? I mean i dont want to sound cheap or anything its not that much but the point is, you shouldnt have to spend money to play a free game. I enjoy playing golf and when i cant play on the course i like to play on here. Now i'm just getting fed up with not being able to reach the green on a par 4 for god sakes. Someone please address this issue and help me get it resolved.

1,644 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 5:35 AM

It has been acknowledged and is being looked at by WGT as per another thread.  Be patient.

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 9:53 AM

One problem with your theory Ketneryou haven't accounted for tour accuracy.  In this game my accuracy is 94%.....Tour average for driving accuracy is 60%.  Ask Tiger what he would rather have, his current abilities off of the tee or the ability to put it anywahere he wants it 94% of the time.  I am pretty sure he would take the accuracy.

Basically, if you want Tour distance then you will have to take tour accuracy. If you hit hit it 280 and 50% of the time  you are in the thick stuff, what does it matter?  You will still have to punch out onto the fairway and you will not get to the par 4 in two. 

• Jbraithw
    8 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 10:44 AM

If you are going to increase the distance off the tee (every hole) then you need to atleast provide the

ability to reach the fareway...if I can't reach the fareway from the tee box I'm not playing those tee boxes...

with this new, you broke 100 you must be a pro, ranking system I can't reach 1/2 the greens on the US open

and I can't reach the green on a par 4 in 6 shots, since I need to layup or i have no choise but to hit the sand

since their is no fareway...I would purchase better clubs, but isn't that the point of awarding points to people

who play better, they gain more points to purchase better clubs (although I have never received a single point

while placing in the top 50) and if you are not going to tell me how much the clubs will cost then I'm not giving

you my credit card details...I quit this game now and will not be playing any more...great upgrades if you are looking

at trimming the number of people who play down to the uber golfers who must have some software setup to

help get 9 and 10 under on the back 9...

• Ketner
    49 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 11:35 AM

My theory I believe is right on track. Tell Tiger Woods he is going to have a 12o yd approach shot for birdie even after hitting the fairway twice. Does that make any sense nope, What needs to happen is we need pro distances, I am right about this regardless of what is said. People are leaving this game, I am not because as I said in the original post I love this game however its become frustrating and somewhat unreal. My opinion is we need longer drives and if that means taking away accuracy then so be it, that should be our choice. If tiger swings hard he screws up sometimes, and sometimes he does not, we always have the option to use a 3 wood to control the ball better and that should be an intricate part of this game. Especially when considering these 500 yd par 4s, I will opt for the longer drive 80% of the time.

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 1:53 PM

I understand what you are saying, I really do. But let's say you hit the ball 280 and you are in the rough 50% of the time.  How is that any different?  In the thick stuff at BB you can only punch it out about 70 yards leaving you with 3 shots to get to the green on a par 4.  Add in the possibility of actually losing a ball on poor clicks and the scores may actually increase.

• Ketner
    49 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 11:24 PM

Listen,  that should be our choice, as it is Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelsons etc... If they want to chance it they do, but i think and im sure many would agree that not only would it be more realistic but as well beneficial.

RSS