Forums

Help › Forums

Using the Pitch/Chip shot mode - putting green grid.

Mon, Dec 29 2014 11:07 AM (95 replies)
  • DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sun, May 4 2014 7:35 PM

andyson:

I got it!  Here's what we need.  AIM PAL!  Always centered on the pin, always to scale no matter which view.  Show/hide with a convenient button on the screen...

<donning flame suit to protect from the "feel" players ;o)  )

I so wish something like this existed ... in heavy winds something like an Aim Pal would prove priceless!

Sign me up, professor!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, May 4 2014 7:44 PM

Heh, I'm one of those feel golfers but I'd be all over having one of these.  

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, May 5 2014 5:52 AM

YankeeJim:

Heh, I'm one of those feel golfers but I'd be all over having one of these.  

Me Too

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, May 5 2014 5:56 AM

YankeeJim:

ApexPC:
    On the green you don't pitch, you putt.

Of course you don't, that wasn't the question. If you never look at the reverse view in putting, the question I had is moot.

3 views for Putting...   Normal, Reverse and  Normal/Reverse Chip View.   In the Reverse chip view, it gives you a better look at what the dots are doing.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, May 5 2014 9:58 AM

andyson:

I got it!  Here's what we need.  AIM PAL!  Always centered on the pin, always to scale no matter which view.  Show/hide with a convenient button on the screen...

<donning flame suit to protect from the "feel" players ;o)  )

Those of us you have numbness in our brains would welcome aim pal. 

So how many hits will WGT give us for 350 credits? We get 1000 hits for 350 credits on putter pal. 2000 for 350 on shot pal. 

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Mon, May 5 2014 1:27 PM

Do it Andy, do it Daddy C, somebody just do it. If I knew how I would in a heart beat

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Mon, May 5 2014 2:13 PM

Woodoworkery:

Do it Andy, do it Daddy C, somebody just do it. If I knew how I would in a heart beat

Just wondering ... are the greens to scale?  (i.e. front of green is showing 65 yds ... back of green is showing 90 yards ... distance front-to-back is 25 yards).  If you took that 25 yds from front to back, could you get the actual distance from left to right on the green using the front to back scale?

The other issue ... say due to strong crosswinds, you need to position the pointer in the OB area (program won't let you do that).  How do you go about setting the position in this case?

It would be a good money maker for WGT ... just complex when you have the OB issue.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, May 5 2014 2:23 PM

DaddysKat:
    The other issue ... say due to strong crosswinds, you need to position the pointer in the OB area (program won't let you do that).  How do you go about setting the position in this case?

It would just be an overlay so no program is required and if you had the ability to drag and drop the scale you could just position one edge on the hole. The problem would be having the scale be relative to the camera view as far as scaling goes. Not all the aerial shots are at the same altitude so that would  have to be factored in.

Maybe if it was overlaid specific to the green size and pin position it could work. Sort of like the pitching/chip grid only in a straight line. Then make it so you can angle the scale in the direction of the wind. 

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Mon, May 5 2014 4:08 PM

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Mon, May 5 2014 4:26 PM

Shergar !     you're back

RSS