rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 16 2009 11:49 AM (137 replies)
    1,644 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 7:59 PM

top 156 Plus all who are tied with the 156th place

• etishere
    2 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 1:36 AM

thank you for a stunningly magnificent game. I hope you pay no attention to the incredible level of

moaning and complaining in some of the posts below. Im sure for each complainer who leaves you will win

a dozen normal, reasonable and fun loving people happy to play the game as a game, not as something they

must win.

Bethpage is staggeringly difficult - as it should be, and as others have pointed out it really makes you think and plays shots 

rather than just taking out a drive and belting it mindlessly.

I love playing this "game", and it has rejuvenated my interest in golf.

Once again, thanks, it is truly brilliant.

• Lance999
    7 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 4:38 AM

Firstly, the game looks superb.  The courses are great.  And the gameplay is quite good too.  There isn't a game online which looks better in my opinion.

I've had some great fun playing against new friends, and total strangers inthe multiplayer mode.

However, the US Open qualifiers are, in my opinion, unreasonable for a couple of reasons which have already been outlined.  Firstly, it can only be a money making effort to have a player buy "Virtual" clubs, in order to compete.  There are plenty of people in the world on low incomes who can't afford to buy something they don't physically hold.   Secondly, to have fairways so far away from the tee that you can't drive to at least the back edge is a complete joke.  How on earth you can have a par 4 in which you can't even drive to the fairway is ridiculous.  I really don't see the motivation in making this the case, apart from to get people to "Buy" clubs.  But even then, it seems clubs people buy don't make the distance.  This is truly bizarre.

I don't intend to pay money out for something in which I'm not going to benefit so whilst I appreciate that the game is free technically to play, its a shame that the game developers chose profit over skill.

The final thing is that, as a hack, I was really enjoying the game, but since entering the US Open qualifiers, I've suddenly become a Pro!! I've done absolutely nothing to deserve this, and my average wasn't even that good.  All it now means is that even if I play multiplayer against a friend, I start from way back.

Do you get re tiered if your average goes up?

• tuffgolfer
    21 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 7:52 PM

I've played the Bethpage virtual course 5 times and feel utterly helpless. Is cause for celebration to manage par since even my best efforts never get me to the green to stroke for birdie. Maybe its my mouse but there is so much lag when I attempt to putt or tee off; the smallest mistake is like an opportunity for the software to screw me. So far, my best score is 100--and it has clearly affected my overall average, which is up in the 80s.

Woods and Mickelson have likely played the real course a thousand times with success, but I bet if they played this virtual one, even bringing their knowledge of the real thing to bear, they'd end up with bugged, disbelieving eyes and frayed nerves.

• ajey
    36 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 11:38 PM

This game isn't fun anymore, but a stress and hopeless.. Bought the club for nothing, never able to reach the green in regulation. We must have a 270+ yards driver to reach the green.

And one more thing, the green is horrible.. This course is no more for us who want having fun..

• chuckiee
    2,194 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 11:59 PM

All the players 70 or under are masters understandably but how are three of them members since may 09 shooting 70. I'm just a redneck hillbilly but something doesn't add up there to me. One thing for sure I havn't seen any post of them whining how hard Bethpage Black is so it can't be that hard. Well that means I should be in the 60s before the deadline don't give up hope all that have been grinding it out on wgt since the begining.

chuckiee 

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2009 12:48 AM

Hi All,

Could someone explain to me the current situ re the new tiers?

I am in the Pro tier (up from Amatuer) - no problems.

When I play a tournament I am still an amatuer, playing off the Pro tee box - ok.

When I go for a ranked round I tee off from the Tournament tees. (+30metres)

If the Pros hit off Tournament Tees, I would want to practice off the same - no issue there, but how does the ranking work with these anamolies???

I guess this will all be sorted out at some stage.

Great game though

Cheers Doug

• rnrmusic
    19 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2009 11:17 PM

I never said anything about Tibbet.

• CDUWARDOG
    16 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 8:26 AM

They said they were working on the lenth of hit with the clubs. When will that happen.?

Not worth playing until then

• GregRycerz
    14 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 10:24 AM

I agree, I love this course but OMG its tough!  I used to have a 71.2 average.  Now I'm a 79 because of the Black monster!!!  I'm teeing off for another round!  Maybe I'll par it this time!  LOL!

Thanks WGT and USGA for this awesome golf gaming experience!!!!

RSS