Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Champions League

Fri, Sep 25 2009 8:06 AM (86 replies)
  • EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2009 10:04 AM

The draw has now been made for the quarter-finals. To view them, click the link to the tables and they should be on there. However, here they are as well:

Waterford United V Cardiff City

Internacionale V Dynamo Kiev

Scunny United V Carlisle United

Liverpool FC V Perth Glory

Remember, in this round 2, 9 hole matches must be played, and the winner is the team with the most holes won over the course of the two matches.

Good luck to the remaining teams!

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Mon, Aug 3 2009 11:03 AM

Thanks EllisSpice for the draw of the quarter-finals.  Congratz to the players who have made it to this stage and Good luck to everyone.

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2009 10:19 PM

Hi EllisSpice,

Result of the quarter-final match - Liverpool FC defeat Perth Glory 9 and 7

Liverpool just happened to catch the Perth boys having a real bad day and not much luck as well.  But I must say pigkiller is a very good player so the score line here doesn't really mean much, well done to him for finishing on top of his group.

Thanks again Ellis for organizing this tourney, it's been a lot of fun and you've done a good job.  I hope everyone will try to complete the remaining matches as soon as you can.

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 11:28 AM

Just a reminder to all of the teams that there are still many quarter-finals to be completed.

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 1:43 PM

CARLISLE UTD BEATS SCUNNY 4 and 3 over two legs (18 holes)

in a very friendly game carlisle beat scunny in a match that up to half time was very close and if it wasn't for a very sporting gesture by scunny late itn the first half they would have gone in at half time with a slender lead. second half  was again close but with carlisle having the better  of the luck they punished scunny with three quick goals. the game was played in a great spirit and was a pleasure to take part in. in many ways this game didn't deserve too have a loser, but its Carlisle that go through to the semi finals.

plim

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2009 6:31 AM

Just another reminder that there are another 2 quarter-finals to be played and 2 semi-finals (1 yet to be been decided) to be played. Those matches are:

Waterford United (Binolooby) V Cardiff City (WelshWizard1) - Quarter Final

Internacionale (Darkopancev) V Dynamo Kiev (JDoggBowler) - Quarter Final

Carlisle United (Plim) V Liverpool (Coolswing) - Semi-Final

Also, those matches are still 2 multiplayer rounds of the BB Front 9.

Good luck to everyone still left in this tourney!

• DarkoPancev
    23 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2009 3:14 PM

Internazionale beat Dynamo Kiev 7 and 6. That was a match with a dusty starter players but well played. Thanks to Jdoggbowler for the good game, it was my pleasure to play with a steady two years WGT member. I wish him all the best in playing golf, soccer and bowling.

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 6:00 AM

Unfortunely, due to lack of activity, Waterford United (Binolooby) is DQ'd and Cardiff City get a bye into the semi's, to play against Internacionale!

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 12:58 PM

1st leg result            CARLISLE UTD (PLIM) 4 LIVERPOOL (COOLSWING) 2

match report to follow

2nd leg sat night

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2009 7:37 AM

Right, it seems my goal of having this finished by the end of August has quickly gone past, and this is still not finished! If the reminding 4 teams could finish their matches VERY soon please, as I just want this tourney to finish!

RSS