Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Champions League

Fri, Sep 25 2009 8:06 AM (86 replies)
  • EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 6:44 AM

I must remind everyone that this is a MATCHPLAY tourney., not stroke play.

If you don't know what matchplay is, matchplay is about who won the most holes, not the number of shots for the whole round.

However, I will keep stroke play results already given to me as this may have not been made clear enough.

• jdoggbowler
    26 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 10:03 AM

FC Dallas (chuckiee) and Dynamo Kiev (jdoggbowler) had a nail biter to the last hole where Dynamo made a par putt to bring it back to all square thru 9 holes resulting in a tie.  Great game.

• jdoggbowler
    26 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 1:03 PM

A slow start for Dynamo but then a great come back to win 2 up with 1 to play against Perth Glory in our first of two matches.

Dynamo Kiev wins

• jdoggbowler
    26 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 3:28 PM

Revenge by Perth Glory that match, they beat down Dynamo big time.

Perth Glory wins match 2 of 2.

• pigkiller
    173 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2009 4:49 AM

perth glory wins 4up against fc dallas

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2009 6:14 AM

Sounds like everyone is having fun in their match and a lot of excitement too. Great going guys, keep it up. I haven't play my matches yet but is really looking forward to it.  Go the champions league !

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2009 12:37 PM

As you can all see, the tourney is finally up and running.

Group D has had 5 of it's 12 matches played so far, with Dynamo Kiev and Perth Glory leading the way, with FC Dallas third and Cork City last, with no matches played.

In Groups B and C, only 1 match has been played, with Carlise United beating Real Madrid, and Internacionale beating Roseborg.

However, Group A has had no games played yet, so I hope to see a result from that group fairly soon.

Good luck to everyone, and remember, there's no huge rush as there's another 25 days to go until the group stage ends!

• dezorama
    38 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 1:11 PM

waterford united beat aalborg (me):( 4and2

• logicus
    51 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 1:36 PM

when is the next turny

• DarkoPancev
    23 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2009 5:29 AM

Two matches has been played today in group C between Inter and Liverpool. First one finnished in a tie and in the second one Inter won 4 and 2.

RSS