Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Champions League

Fri, Sep 25 2009 8:06 AM (86 replies)
  • EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2009 10:16 AM

Hello and welcome to the WGT Champions League (which is not in any way sponsored by WGT).

In this tourney, you pick a football(soccer to Americans out there) club, and it can be of any size and from any country. The max amount of entries is 32, and sign ups close on the 21st of June. Also, please note that each team can only be used once.

After sign-ups, groups will be made, and a MATCH PLAY system used. The whole format will be very like the real Champions League format.

Good luck!

To view sign ups, click here.

To view the draw, click here.

Right, here are the rules:

The tourney will begin with 4 groups of 4. Each team will play each other twice in the group, with 3 point for a win, 1 point for a draw/no result, and nothing for a loss.

After the group stage, the top 2 from each group will go though to the next round, which will be 2 games of match-play, BUT the result will be decided by the scores of both added together.

The same rules apply for the semi-final, with the final being only 1 match.

All result must be agreed by BOTH players and reported to me either though this forum or on my profile.

To view the tables, click here.

If there are any questions, please do ask.

Good luck! 

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Fri, May 22 2009 11:47 AM

Has anyone signed up yet?

Has anyone even tried yet?

Has anyone even thought about it?

• RyanSelwyn
    96 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2009 1:18 AM

Come on guys this tournament will be fun start signing up

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2009 5:55 AM

Remember, only 5 days until sign-ups close! Everyone still welcome!

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 6:01 AM

Last day to sign up! If I don't get 5 more sign-ups by the end of the day, the tourney will be cancelled due to lack of interest!

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 7:00 AM

Unfortunely, due to the extremely low amount of entries (only 11 not including me, and 1 of them is discounted due to not being a soccer team), this tourney is cancelled. However, if you want this to still go ahead, please reply to this and I might rethink it.

• binolooby
    6 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 9:59 AM

i think i signed up twice?

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 10:02 AM

U did. Which 1 do u want 2 play as?

• binolooby
    6 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 10:16 AM

waterford united, is the tourney still on?

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 10:23 AM

Yeah, I only need 3 more entries and I have 16, which is the perfect amount for this tourney.

RSS