Forums

Help › Forums

Learning to swing and changing clubs!

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 23 2010 9:27 PM (8 replies)
  • phallex
    4 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 6:49 AM

I've been a member for 4 days now, getting a bit peeved with the fact that every time i start the game up i get taught how to swing followed by how to change my clubs!! wouldnt be so bad if i could just exit out of it but i cant, i have to go through the process (takes about 2-3 minutes) then im forced to open either a stroke play or C-T-T-H game that i dont want..

Is this just me that this is happening to? if so, how can I stop it? there's only so many times you can teach a "pro" to swing a club and try to drive more than 150yrds LOL!

Thanks in advance

Luke

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 8:13 PM

Click "Play Now"

Click "Menu" under your name top left

Click "Game Settings"

Click "Off" for "Show WGT Lessons Button"

enjoy

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 8:30 PM

This also happens if you empty your Flash cache. I did that once and got these lessons again.

• phallex
    4 Posts
    Sun, Aug 22 2010 3:44 AM

No fix sorry. This is getting REALLY ENOYING and am considering not bothering to play anymore as i dont need to LEARN HOW TO SWING 3 times a day, ive done it a thousand times allready. can someone from WGT please get on to this...

Thanks in advance

Luke

• phallex
    4 Posts
    Sun, Aug 22 2010 8:57 PM

Now its taking 3 days for my freakin post's to show up on forums... how the hell are you ment to get a problem fixed if no one can hear about it for days?

GETTING REALLY ENOYED with being shown how to swing and change clubs.... can SOMEONE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT NOW.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2010 11:22 AM

Your posts are delayed because there are so few.  WGT moderates your first posts to filter out spam bots, ad bots, and idiots...  Usually it's 5 - 10 posts.  When they see that you're not any of the above they will 'un-quarantine' your messages.

Now, as for the Swing lessons... everytime I clear my caches I get the same messages.  You simply have to go into the settings and turn them off as listed above by Boffmen.

If you have turned them off... and they are still popping up... there is something odd happening with your machine.  I say 'your machine' because in my years here I have never heard of this happening before.  It would seem that your flash cache/browser caches are clearing between rounds, because that is the only way that that button gets turned back on, imho.

Good luck, patience with the forum posts... and make sure your Lesson switch is set to "Off".

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2010 11:55 AM

Could it be that you have ticked for cache to be cleared each time you close the browser? That can possibly explain it.

• theshortdriver
    138 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2010 7:32 PM

hi this is not about a bug in the game but a bug none the less... it is almost at the point where you cannot even play a game as most oppnts all quit after a bad shot or if thy are not ahead..something has to be done to detour quiters..my propossal is all quitters that leave game should be penalized 1 stroke on there precious average no exceptions to this ..there is just to many that quit as there is nothing to stop them..if they quit 5 times and loose 5 strokes on average thy will think twice about quitting ty wgt if you read this

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2010 9:27 PM

theshortdriver:
    hi this is not about a bug in the game but a bug none the less
    ...then don't post it here.  

Start your own topic instead of derailing an existing one, please.

RSS