Forums

Help › Forums

Jerky swing meter

Mon, Jan 25 2016 12:17 PM (59 replies)
  • WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2013 4:02 AM

geraldlarousse:
    Don't know what happened really. Meter was fine, flash versions did not change. Game loads fine and fast.

Gerald,

I too suffered same - meter 'juddering' constantly. Unsure if you are using Chrome.

If you are, check what version as it's just been updated to version 30. I restored back to 1st October and meter is smooth again.... still got the spacebar issue though whilst chatting in multi play ;o(

• ButchUndies
    29 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2013 8:39 AM

Since this game runs client side in Flash, if the meter gets jittery the cause lies on your end and has nothing to do with internet connection or the wgt servers.

In my experience, when the meter starts stuttering it has always been because either my browser+flash memory usage has crept up over 1gb, or some other process is fighting for cpu time.  Restarting the browser and/or killing other programs is the fix.

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2013 12:07 PM

WigerToods2010:

geraldlarousse:
    Don't know what happened really. Meter was fine, flash versions did not change. Game loads fine and fast.

Gerald,

I too suffered same - meter 'juddering' constantly. Unsure if you are using Chrome.

If you are, check what version as it's just been updated to version 30. I restored back to 1st October and meter is smooth again.... still got the spacebar issue though whilst chatting in multi play ;o(

Yes, i did that last night. I restored to earlier date but meter is same,, unplayable. Yes i am using Chrome because was only browser that i could get smooth meter.

I have a decent machine....8 gig hard drive. Yesterday morning meter was perfect,, that afternoon meter is unplayable. I have anti virus turned off.

I tried Max 3, Max cloud, Firefox, Dragon, IE, and a few more, lol....no go.

Maybe try restoring again today. If not i am at a loss. Hope i get lucky.

Edit: Nope no luck. I have 5 computers here one of which is a Dell Alien and still can't play game.....Lmao!!

Maybe i'm getting a sign?  Might be time for early retirement.  :(

• wtfwillie
    4 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2013 12:11 PM

thanks oldtwofeathers I will give it a try

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2013 1:08 PM

best bet is to pm wgtpizza

• ButchUndies
    29 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2013 1:20 PM

I'd watch the task manager to see if any background processes are vying for cpu cycles or tying up a large amount of RAM.  Another thing you can try is right click the game and open the flash settings, and then disable or enable hardware acceleration to see if either option helps.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2013 1:49 PM

geraldlarousse:

WigerToods2010:

geraldlarousse:

Gerald,

Yes, i did that last night. I restored to earlier date but meter is same,, unplayable. Yes i am using Chrome because was only browser that i could get smooth meter.

I have a decent machine....8 gig hard drive. Yesterday morning meter was perfect,, that afternoon meter is unplayable. I have anti virus turned off.

Edit: Nope no luck. I have 5 computers here one of which is a Dell Alien and still can't play game.....Lmao!!

Gerald you might also try a program called Gboost from Gzero.com . It is similar to Game booster but in my opinion it is much better. 

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2013 2:23 PM

borntobesting:

geraldlarousse:

WigerToods2010:

geraldlarousse:

Gerald,

Gerald you might also try a program called Gboost from Gzero.com . It is similar to Game booster but in my opinion it is much better. 

Thank you BTB. I have Gboost already. I just restored computer again and re-installed Chrome and now seems to be working okay.

Very strange really,, because i did same thing yesterday and did not work. My problem is i know very little about computers. I have learned a lot from just reading these forums.

I wish i could get my Alien to play this game. I got it about 4 months ago just to play this game. That was big money for nothing. lol Although it does play every other game flawlessly. 

Thanks to everyone for their help. I still don't know what i did, but works now. Sometimes sun shines on dogs.......

Again thank you all.

• EdwardRo
    191 Posts
    Fri, Oct 4 2013 4:28 AM

i had meter issues as well yesterday i uninstalled Google chrome then reinstalled it and it works fine now

RSS