Forums

Help › Forums

Jerky swing meter

Mon, Jan 25 2016 12:17 PM (59 replies)
  • tiger319
    1,186 Posts
    Fri, Oct 4 2013 10:04 AM

renniw52:

And then wish in one hand and $hit in the other and see which one fills up first. After all this is WGT. 

Agreed!!

• callaway4wood
    112 Posts
    Sat, Oct 5 2013 3:53 AM

hay bill

had a lot of trouble with this game in the begining

was all at my end using an outdated comm

i updated my laptop fixed most dramas

i tock the advice of a local young bloke

hr is a hard core gammer

heaps of ram will smooth out most glitches

shoting low will follow

• irishowen
    265 Posts
    Sat, Oct 5 2013 8:02 AM

Today the game is so buggy (meter stutter/lag) as to render it almost useless. pulled out of 2 tourneys because every 3rd shot was like buying a lottery ticket..slim chance of anything good happening.  Meter lag/jerk is a years old problem and is directly related to ads & cookies.  WGT will deny any and all culpability and suggest you switch browsers, turn off ad blockers/trackers, anti viral programs etc etc etc..and its all BS. i strive to keep my machine lean, mean, fast and free of junk..i monitor my processes, purge all caches/temp fls etc afgter every session, run perrformance analysis daily yada yada yada. The prob lies with WGT but until there is another viable game choice for users to flock to, they will do nothing. These bugs increase ball useage through restarts and lost ball factor..this works to WGT advantage. If they put as much effort into fixing the game as  they do into developing more crap to sell us we would have a better game.  Starting to remind me of EA Sports and the Tiger Woods online debacle. I fear WGT has adopted a short term cash grab mentality. Too bad, great game when it works and a wonderful venue for making and meeting friends:(  And for the record. I spent 15 yrs in cbleeding edge computer telephony sector (product development/market integration) and i know sop & bs when i hear it!

• fancygirl4u
    91 Posts
    Sun, Oct 6 2013 9:16 AM

Why should we have to clear our cache after every game and loose important downloads that we need. I think W G T should reprogram their game module to be compatible. It seems l am having more problems loaded on my computer by W G T than any other game site I go to. 

Today as with every day, green speeds are not true and driving distances are so inconsistent to the conditions and the swing. The driver used and the ball played. I think maybe this is directed toward me where it might not be to others.

Interesting when I started on June 28th 2013, I didn't know any thing about the game. So i watched all the tutorial videos on how to swing every shot and being a golfer myself with a 4 handicap, I knew a little bit about golf. Been playing since I was 11 and am now 34. My games were wonderful and my shots were true and I had none of the problems my husband, Pipeman1370, had told me about.

Apparently W G T wanted me to get hooked. I did and I went up the levels pretty fast got better clubs and balls and was beating players above me until I reached Master Level. BOOM, now the problems started to happen. Funny how that happens when everything was going true to the physics of golf. P G A Players calculate every shot for distance, elevation, wind speed and green speed their hitting onto to get their shot as close to the flag. Here it's a guessing game on so many things going wrong that it has become a laughing stock of the best Virtual Games on the internet.

If their is anyone out there that thinks this game is free, don't ever buy new balls or clubs and be very quiet and don't complain about inconsistances because WGT with hit you with their VEM to mess up your game. You might look at my stats and say , I'm not that good but in reality, that is because ever since i made Master, nothing has worked right. Meter goes fast when I'm using Slow Meter Callaway balls. Some times it's a race to see who wins and hits the ding. Most times I loose because if i hit on the ding the meter goes past and hits the ball way left.That brings up another issue of unreal. When you hit just a tiny bit left or right, the ball flies way out in that direction.

All being, this game is a hook just like real golf. If you don't do well today, you go out tomorrow and see what happens. Unfortunately WGT has cornered the market on making some one unhappy when they never have a good day. To bad they haven't yet learned the American business module of the customer is your lively hood, do what ever you have to to make them feel good and they will spread the word and support you. Your company will make money and you can by more servers to handle the load and then not have as many problems occur.

When i was new here, I never got kicked off a game. I never got kicked off 3 times by WGT and then disqualified because  "I' left the game 3 times. Excuse me, I never left the game, WGT  kicked me off the game.

So there you have it, another upset player who used to love the game and now looks for the same game again without interference. Are you afraid I will progress out of Master and up to fast because I can play better? Probably and then I would not be here to support you with buying clubs and balls and you would loose some players. 

All I ask is that you let me play the way your videos say I should and then I will be happy again and not be here complaining. I hate being a complainer but I also hate having to miss shots that should have gone in from 3 ft or anything else that is "STRANGE" and wrong. Thank you Aubry 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sun, Oct 6 2013 11:58 AM

You don't have to clear cache after every round. In fact WGT recommends that you only clear your cache after an update or when you are getting very strange results from your shots that could indicate corrupted flash files. 

• RampagingRodent
    415 Posts
    Sun, Oct 6 2013 1:42 PM

G'Day mate, ignorant to the crap that some ppl like to throw in I am genuinely gonna give you the solution that has stopped the same meter issues.

It was always after the monthly updates that I was having massive problems and I was continually having to disable new updates and enable old ones for chrome.

Then someone mentioned to download  Comodo Dragon 

I figured what the hell, and B.I.N.G.O, problem solved. I have not had a single meter glitch or problem since. I strongly recommend it.

Rodent

RSS