Help › Forums

"Click Mouse When Green Bar Gets Here"

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 12 2010 7:47 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 7:29 AM

Can we turn this off?  Just had a nice little 16ft chance for birdie on St Andrews #17, downhill 8inches, breaking left edge.  Read the thing spot on, but was not happy with distance I selected so let the meter run through, and then did it again.  So that stupid message pops up and doesn't go away.  Now I use the cursor to help aid me on the ding and this stupid message gets in the way. 

I am no rookie to this game, its not my first time around the game, is there a way to turn this damn thing off?

btw.  missed the ding, missed the putt

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 7:48 AM

You mean this Neil?

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 8:23 AM

Yeah, I hate that thing.

• TheZiggy
    550 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 9:33 AM

That thing is frustrating, especially if you've let the shot go because the meter has stuttered. I usually think, "I damned well would, if the meter was fine." lol

Just glad it doesn't happen so often these days.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 3:05 PM

Just expect it and block it out... you know it's going to be there if you let the meter run down twice.

It's really no big deal, imho. 

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 9:11 PM

Hate that thing as well, always have.   Perhaps it could be lumped in with the 'wgt lessons' and when those are turned off, that message gets turned off also?  I can't imagine it takes people more than 1 successful swing to grasp the concept.  Yet I've been told THOUSANDS of times to click the mouse on the line....

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 10:38 PM

I hate it when the mouse releases by itself when I'm in the middle of dialing up the power.  It seems to happen in spurts, too.  It'll magically release two or three times in a row, for no apparent reason, and then you'll get this message... ugh!

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 5:44 AM

CharlemagneRH:
    I hate it when the mouse releases by itself when I'm in the middle of dialing up the power.  It seems to happen in spurts, too.  It'll magically release two or three times in a row, for no apparent reason, and then you'll get this message... ugh!
    If you happen to be using a wireless mouse... don't.  Get a USB mouse.  This is just one of the issues I had when I tried playing this game with a wireless mouse.  As soon as the batteries were not fresh anymore it would 'lose' the signal momentarily and let go of the swing for me.... not to mention the amount of time from when I actually clicked to when it registered.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 5:51 AM

I've played 99.9% of my rounds with wireless mouse, are you telling me I might actually be decent at the game with a wired one?? :)

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 5:55 AM

*wiping egg off face*.... No no no, not at all.... stay with the wireless by all means!!! ;^P

I must have just been using a crappy one, or maybe it was my system, just never had any luck with it on here.

*edit* besides what are you even doing up at this time of the morning??? 

• PAGES
RSS