Forums

Help › Forums

AB's Putting Guide-My Secrets 2018 Update

Mon, Nov 6 2023 5:47 AM (87 replies)
  • acebishop
    116 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2013 2:51 PM

Heath021:

yeah good luck with all of that.  Ive been playing for 4 years with many rounds and I keep getting worse. Once I thing I have a system down for putting than it turns to ***.  My scores are getting worse the more I play.  I used to be able to shoot sub 60 and 30 rounds consistently...now I'm lucky to be 3 under for 18, because of this *** up putting.   Ive had the same put many times but never seems to do the same thing 2 times in a row.  Than they give you some fucked up view which ever way you look it is never a straight on view and the *** dots lie constantly.  I can't wait to PerfectParallel golf comes out in the winter.  I think WGT is going to have some real competition on there hands.  I'm tires of spending hard earned money or credits to have my game go to *** on behave of WGT.

Unless you know how to manipulate the game it will always be impossible to compete on a regular basis. How in the world can someone have a sub 53 average consistently. It is IMPOSSIBLE people...wake up and smell the coffee. Especially you WGT!

hate to say this but sounds like sour grapes.  Four years and you have only 3 friends.  I am likely mistaken but something seems wrong there.

A community of online golfers is how I play and enjoy the game, and yes I spend some money on balls and equipment.

Just my thoughts. please feel free to dog me.

Ace

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2013 3:21 PM

The formulas are great for distance but the best advice I have read on here is learn to putt FROM reverse angle...it messes with your mind at 1st but you get a better indication of how fast the dots are moving and you can see exactly how and where the putt breaks for future reference and you can see where you miscalculated...also the hole looks as big as a soccer ball in most views instead of a small dot to boost confidence...watching the ball come right at you also shows you how important speed really is...I hated for a few days but now l always putt reverse angle...just realize U R looking at the power meter anyway...

• fronny25
    280 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2013 3:37 PM

this is a gr8 tut,

thx AB..you've put alot of work & points in this tut/guide..  really good that some people take the time & effort to help others...thats what forums are for..

this helped me & loads of others..!!!

thx agentbrown.. this is very informative...

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2013 3:48 PM

Heath021:
    or when practicing putting why does the fucki9ng grid go away.  Give us a choice to leave it on while ball is traveling so we can see the moving dots as our ball is passing through them.

Isn't that the "Putting Grid On/Off" option?

Don't ever recall having it on..will test it out and report back.

Edit:

I see what that does...putting grid comes up when on the green, then goes away when the ball is hit...kind of a useless feature.

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2013 4:05 PM

Sorry about that; it was early morning and I was half asleep after someone in the house woke me up out of a deep sleep; not mentioning names BUT they know who they are....lol

Got home from work by 1:00 am Saturday morning, spent time talking with spouse, in bed by 4:00 am, then incident occurred early this morning....LOL

So please pardon my inability to get things forward this early in the morning   :)

• HAMINH
    119 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2013 10:10 PM

Heath021:
    Ive been playing for 4 years with many rounds and I keep getting worse. Once I thing I have a system down for putting than it turns to ***.  My scores are getting worse the more I play.  I used to be able to shoot sub 60 and 30 rounds consistently...now I'm lucky to be 3 under for 18, because of this *** up putting.   Ive had the same put many times but never seems to do the same thing 2 times in a row.  Than they give you some fucked up view which ever way you look it is never a straight on view and the *** dots lie constantly. 

Agreed. My putting some days far worse than 1 years ago. The more putt the worse i get. Yesterday when playing cc tourney at Kiawah i missed 3.6 ft at hole 2 and 4.7 ft at hole 18. Never happen to me 1 years ago, sure. Camera view show totally wrong.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2013 12:17 AM

I hate Kiawah for simply that  reason, the place is a joke.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2013 1:00 AM

Me too, l found some of the putts are just guesswork. l played one round and one of the putt views must have been taken from a blimp, it was ridiculous, so l try to avoid the place if l can!

oneeyedjohn:

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2013 1:05 AM

MBaggese:
    Isn't that the "Putting Grid On/Off" option

I found when I had the 'Puttin Grid'  turned 'On'  it caused heaps of unplayable meter stutters.

-Roger

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2013 1:17 AM

andwhy67:

Me too, l found some of the putts are just guesswork. l played one round and one of the putt views must have been taken from a blimp, it was ridiculous, so l try to avoid the place if l can!

oneeyedjohn:

Keep in mind that this was one of the first full courses for WGT. Apparently they planned only one set of pins and shot their photos accordingly.

Due to players' demands and because they missed out on Royal Lytham, they created a second pin set last year, using the existing photos. They have admitted that it was difficult and that they (and us) have to accept some compromise.

I do accept this for the sake of the variation and for the natural views. Usually, the reverse view shows enough for a decent putt.

RSS