Forums

Help › Forums

Missed birdie

Wed, Feb 8 2017 2:36 PM (27 replies)
  • Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Fri, Jul 19 2013 12:34 AM

As the guys above, WGT also told me that this is not a mistake.
    I share with you the answer.

Support (WGT) Jul 18 11:15 (MST)

Dear Fraenkel,
    We did look into the putt and unfortunately did not find a bug associated with this shot.

WGT Member Services

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Sat, Sep 21 2013 12:09 AM

Oh well, here I am again.

Same problem, different hole location. Join a RG at Oakmont, nothing much than what expected but after a bad 2 lines on front got a little recovery and scores birdies on #5, #6 and #7, oh no,that last one was only what I saw but not what rolls. Hit over 75,000 putt but I never got any type of recrimination for lip out or metered from short shot, just want to say that this second one "missed birdie" take me down a little. Shame on me.

Oakmont #7, 15 ft. birdie.

Send a report to the support. Just wait and see.

Cheers,
    David. 

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, Sep 21 2013 12:18 AM

I can tell you what the answer will be Fraenkel:

Support (WGT) sep 21 11:15 (MST)

Dear Fraenkel,
    We did look into the putt and unfortunately did not find a bug associated with this shot.

WGT Member Services

Unfortunately, its all to common in the game to see this thing happen, again and again. Another view will show the ball missing the hole. This is despite the fact that WGT will tell you they can lazer map a course to 1 thousandth of an inch, or something similar.

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Sat, Sep 21 2013 1:46 AM

I know which will the answer TMO, I only want to share this one. Watched maybe 5 times and during the replay I found 4 different "breaks" that show gravity un-force the ball, mystic.

By the way, just to chat, pleasure to read different opinion.

Cheers,
    David. 

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Sep 21 2013 2:30 AM

From view one it clearly passed behind the hole. These views do tend to vary as they are only assimilated.

• AMorrison74
    2,076 Posts
    Sat, Sep 21 2013 3:06 AM

I had a similar experience about a month ago where the ball comes to rest in "mid-air" after my approach shot. Here's the replay (Camera 2 is the best view).

Al

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Sep 21 2013 6:19 AM

TWOMINUSONE:
    WGT will tell you they can lazer map a course to 1 thousandth of an inch, or something similar.

Pffft. Try 1/2".

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Sun, Oct 5 2014 4:41 AM

Gosh, never thought to dust off this thread but here I am.

As for the first post, this is my replay for another unbelieveble missed birdie at Whistler #12 and if the first replay was unlucky, well this one make me piss off because I was sure to score the hole down.

Just to share.

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Tue, Oct 7 2014 1:31 AM

And just to share this awful, awful denied putt. I was sure even this time to score a good putt.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Oct 7 2014 2:03 AM

Fraenkel:

And just to share this awful, awful denied putt. I was sure even this time to score a good putt.

To be honest David - this one never looked like going in as it was breaking away from the hole.......but when it caught the edge of the hole it defied all odds lol - looked like it would have dropped but the pin was suddenly back in the hole denying it LOL.

The Whistler putt - that is just BS LOL - if that was not in I will eat my hat!

That said, replays do not tell the truth due to mapping errors. frustrating, farcical,funny but not conclusive of what really happened.

RSS