Forums

Help › Forums

The R1 Black vs. R1 White vs. R11

Fri, Jul 12 2013 3:39 PM (54 replies)
  • courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 1:27 AM

lonniescott711:
     After all , who should we believe , the company guy , who is helping to promote the sales and revenue , or the players with nothing to gain ? Sorry shoe , but your company is a little on the down side , when it comes to honesty . No disrespect towards you , its just the company that you keep .

Bloeshoe or Chrisironbones? No contest. :-)

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 1:56 AM

I would love to see the number of level 93+ players who jumped all over this. I would love to compare the numbers of paying players who have the level 90....Wait....94.......Wait, What was it, 98 now? Nah it's 93 for awhile. Hurry and buy your boosters! I better get a discount G25 Driver signed by Bubba in the mail when I  order a pink "Limited Edition"  golf bag, Driver, putter, and Pink/ Green Jacket.

Sorry for the run on........It's a rant.

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 2:02 AM

gmaster007:
    do I trust the word of an employee who never played a single round but appears to be a decent person, or do I go with what veteran TL's with under 60 avg have to say.

eh....you will find that  WGTdbloshoe had played this game for quite a while before being employed by WGT.....have a read via this link and one of the TL's  is one of those who regularly complains in the forums who no one listens to.......

so until somebody (non-WGT) accurately proves there is a significant difference between the two clubs then one should go with what has stated by WGTdbloshoe*...

:-)

* I am a not a proWGTer but am going on what I know & have read in the forums to date....

• brysoni23
    693 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 2:03 AM

I have played many rounds with someone who has an R1 and until yesterday i used the R11s. I couldn't wait to get the R1 and to get it at the level i am now is excellent :)

In tail winds the R1 and R11s are very similar just depends on the bounce.

But the R1 in a head wind or cross wind wins hands down.

St Andrews 17 with 17mph head wind. R11s lucky to get 265 - 270.

R1 will easily go 285. 15 yards closer on that hole is a huge difference, after all the R1 is 8.0 degrees

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 2:05 AM

bluzgolf:

For people not eligible yet, I get the problem.  For anyone level 93+ the answer is pretty simple.  Rent it and see for yourself.

I decided to rent the limited edition R1 and see what's what for myself.  I'll be getting it soon.

Sorry Bluzgolf, but it isnt always that simple. There have been many reports over the years that clubs dont act like they did after been rented out.

I'm 1 of those people who bought the Versa high level putter, and it was the biggest mistake i have done here in a long time. I should have known myself, but i guess you could call me a sucker.

There are too many reports of the R1 not doing it either, so i wont be buying it until i reach level 98. Another few months then for me.

The pro shop needs credibility, and its something i find hard to see from here. Just my opinion though.

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 2:28 AM

TWOMINUSONE:
    I'm 1 of those people who bought the Versa high level putter, and it was the biggest mistake i have done here in a long time

Maybe you were unlucky (said with sincerity..!)......I too was a long time user of the Rossa but I got the Versa around same time as yourself.  I reviewed all the threads, including your timings, on the topic & was a bit concerned.

However, decided to persevere (hung onto to the Rossa just in case...!!) and I find that I have now got used to it & is definitely a much smoother putter....

just my thoughts on that point....

:-)

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 2:44 AM

Cheers Mara, i still have the bugger in my bag. I take it out occasionally to see what will happen after playing it to death when i first bought it. Yup, i was fairly miffed that the meter speed wasnt as it was advertised in the pro shop, but what gets me about it is the accuracy of it.

Dinged putts fly off to the left or right with it, and go nowhere near where i aimed. I know from past experience that you have to stick with a new club to kind of break it in, but ive done the hours with this putter with no joy at all. As i said, i bring it out every so often, but im beginning to think ive seen the best of it so far.

Anyway, back on topic, Cheers dude.

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 2:54 AM

Being lvl 93, and never having played the r1 or the r11's, I have given it a good test, and must say, "wow".

300 yards against the wind, reaching par 5's again without the need for the 14mph tail winds, club has plenty of height to carry over the trees as well. I played 7 holes against a lvl 89 TM and was right there with him in the fairway on the front 9 at CCC.

Thank you WGT, well done and for me well worth the 3500 credits.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 3:51 AM

Steve2golf:

Thank you WGT, well done and for me well worth the 3500 credits.

Nice to hear that review Steve, I will be level 93 in 4 or 5 days and intend to buy it.

Did you try it on OLY, as I was concerned it may not clear the trees there?

Regardless, has to be a BIG step up from the R11

RSS