Forums

Help › Forums

Introducing WGTdbloshoe

Sun, Jul 28 2013 6:54 PM (79 replies)
  • WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 12:50 PM

Hello all, I am one of the new community managers of WGT.  I will be monitoring the forums daily, and will always be available to answer questions.  I want this community to become even closer then it currently is.  I also want to make sure everyone’s voice is heard and every idea is explored to the best of our abilities.  Even though I am just starting, I have been playing WGT for quite awhile now, and have been following the forums closely.  It seems that one of the biggest issue that has been popping up is the lack of communication between WGT and it’s players.  I am hoping that is going to change.  Now I am not going to be available 24 hours a day but I will make myself available as much as possible.  I will try and answer questions and inquiries as quick as possible, but I expect to get quite a few so bear with me as I try to get to them all.

Now a little about myself, I have been playing golf since I was 5 years old.  I usually play twice a week or more if I have the time.  Golf has brought me great friends and countless hours of enjoyment.  That reason alone is what brought me to WGT.  I am always open to talk about any aspect of golf or even just talk about a specific course that I have played.  So please feel free to send me a message anytime if you want to spend a few minutes talking about some golf aspect.

I just want to thank everyone who plays this game!  I have enjoyed it and plan to continue play.  So if you ever see me online and feel like challenging me, Bring it on!  But no we will not be playing for anything other then fun.
    - WGTdbloshoe

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 12:57 PM

Brings new meaning to "waiting for the (other) shoe to drop."  Welcome to the mix.  :-)

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 1:02 PM

Thank you, pleasure to be here.  

- WGTdbloshoe

• axstrat
    415 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 1:10 PM

Welcome aboard and good luck  (I dont envy your new position  hehehe)

Greg

• shortstroke25
    116 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 1:11 PM

Welcome to the fire pit  lol

• dryspot
    690 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 1:12 PM

Welcome and its good 2 have you here have fun.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 1:15 PM

Welcome. And it is good to have another former player as a mod.In my opinion all of the best mods were players first. 

And you said one of the new community managers. Does that mean there are more to come?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 1:15 PM

Welcome onboard and I agree communication has been WGT weakest trait in the past, so any improvement will be appreciated.

As you have been playing for quite a while you will understand the communities frustrations on various fronts, in particular that of multi-account holders. Can you (and sorry to throw you in the shark infested waters so early) advise whether WGT will start taking a stand on this issue as curretly it only takes a re-active stance rather than a pro-active position? Obviously I do not expect you to  divulge what measures will be taken and/or implemented, but would like re-assurance that WGT will take steps to prevent future breaches of the T&C.

Alan

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 1:29 PM

Currently there will be one more community manager coming aboard.  He will be mainly focusing on WGT Baseball but will also be involved with WGT Golf.

- WGTdbloshoe

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 1:35 PM

I am very aware of the issues of the players with multiple accounts and the problems they cause.  It is high up on the list of things that are being discussed and evaluated.  At this time there is not much information that I can pass a long but when I get settled in this will be an issue I would be more then happy to discuss and get any suggestions player have to combat this issue.  But please let's not turn this intro thread into how we can achieve world peace.  There will be plenty of time for that going forward.

RSS