Forums

Help › Forums

Lowering my average score

Mon, Sep 25 2023 5:29 PM (45 replies)
  • YouLostToALoser
    190 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 5:23 AM

Thanks, I made it to Legend

Now the hard work begins to become competitive.

I’ll use the time to get to 97 (driver) and 96 (irons) to practice and get to know the courses again, as quite a few holes I’ve played already are unrecognisable, some just a bit longer and a few not much difference (like Erin 18th is same tee, but still over 600 yds).

Thanks for your help, I’m busy with work and have windows to play the game. Either

1, play ranked game (more xp but possibly higher avg.)

2, play as many sponsored 30 mins as I can, usually get 2 in. But occasionally 3, sometimes rarely 1.

3, play practice rounds etc

4, do research, but I don’t get the ads for the time I do that (watching the YouTube Finals is good fun and informative.

5, get my ad credits. Only spent £3 so far. Ads should get me the driver, irons and wedge I need to compete. Still on 64cr WGT g-12s balls atm. Will do until I’ve got the clubs I need then see about an upgrade that’s sustainable.

Thank again for your help. It’s reassuring that someone will tell me that it’s not going to be a walk in the park, but I got to Legend on day 139. So the daily xp really helps. That’ll increase and start everyday with a Tournement round for most xp’s (Just in case I don’t have time to play again that day, 30 mins during breakfast is fun and keeps me ticking over.

PS How are you doing. You help everyone out, yet I’ve not seen anyone ask if you are ok. So, are you doing ok?

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 4:31 PM

YouLostToALoser:

Congrats. And yes, Legend tier is a whole new ball game (or parking lot, as some will say).

If you haven't already done so I'd recommend checking your stats and record how many ranked rounds you've played, so you'll know when you've reached saturation on your way to Tour Legend.

Good luck and have fun!

Nigel.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 9:34 PM

YouLostToALoser:
    Congratulations! It took a few games, but you did it! Now it's time to look away from the numbers, with one exception: Take note of your current "number of ranked rounds" (in the stats). There's no easier way to tell later if you may have arrived at saturation!

Next: just ENJOY the game!

YouLostToALoser:
    1, play ranked game (more xp but possibly higher avg.)
    The average doesn't matter! None of your current scores will make it to the finish line when tiering up! They will disappear as soon as you hit saturation!

YouLostToALoser:
    How are you doing. You help everyone out, yet I’ve not seen anyone ask if you are ok. So, are you doing ok?
    Thanks for asking - I usually keep my personal issues away from the worldwide public.

But since you ask: We're in northern Bavaria, all healthy, no Covid in the family but two(!) inoculations. The old ones stay in shape, the youngster (one grandchild) grows faster than you can look. Winter is over, perhaps, after -17° C (no storms), and on March 7, the shutdown of golf courses may be lifted(?). Until then, I'm mostly sitting at home, doing my business and caring for my garden.

Hope you're doing well in Britain!

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Tue, Feb 23 2021 6:41 AM

YouLostToALoser:

5, get my ad credits. Only spent £3 so far. Ads should get me the driver, irons and wedge I need to compete. Still on 64cr WGT g-12s balls atm. Will do until I’ve got the clubs I need then see about an upgrade that’s sustainable.

You seem friendly and genuine, check your bag, should cover your needs for a month or 2. By far the best bang for buck ball and it should work well with your clubs. But careful, the spin will change your distances and I wouldn't put any back spin on wedges. Top spin, however, will ad a few yards to your wedge shots and they'll mostly stick dead on landing with no roll back.

Cheers, 

Jure

• YouLostToALoser
    190 Posts
    Tue, Feb 23 2021 7:30 AM

Wow, just got those. Thought it was someone who I just played and they gifted me a pack of these.

Then I went to the equipment, and, well. Thanks. That’s amazing and just can’t get my head around it at the moment.

I didn’t get your name, nothing in messages, so I came here. I just remembered it was a Champion and what I think was a Russian flag. I didn’t take much notice as I had the last (won 9) sponsor aperel too.

I’m tying this and still don’t know who you are and if you’re Russian.

My experience playing the few Champions I have is that they are quite disagreeable, to say the least. I guess that’s just in the heat of battle.

Promise I’ll make the most of these. Maybe keep them until my stock of 8 G-12s have run out and I’ve played and got used to most courses.

I’ll send a friend request and one day, hopefully I’ll be in a position to reciprocate.

Again, thanks. People can surprise you sometimes how kind they can be. 

Sorry for bumbling but what can I say? Made my week!

• YouLostToALoser
    190 Posts
    Tue, Feb 23 2021 7:40 AM

Sorry, it’s Slovenia’s Flag, right?

I only know because we’ve played you at football lol

Thanks again and sorry for mis-nationalising you (unless it’s Slovakia which is very similar).

Not Russian though. Going to recommend Bald And Bankrupt on YouTube. He goes around ex-Soviet places, mainly Russia, but he may come to you some day, he’s been to Serbia so not out of the question.

Heres hoping. He’s super high in social skills and speaks Russian. Very entertaining and get to see places in Europe most Europeans have never heard of. 

If he does come to your country, I think he’ll be pleasantly surprised. 

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, Feb 23 2021 11:02 AM

YouLostToALoser:
    it’s Slovenia’s Flag, right?

If you're using a mouse you can hover your cursor over the flag by a player's name and it will show the country.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Tue, Feb 23 2021 2:11 PM

YouLostToALoser:

Sorry, it’s Slovenia’s Flag, right?

If he does come to your country, I think he’ll be pleasantly surprised. 

Definitely Slovenia. And if the guy ever visits here, he'll have a tough time chosing if he prefers Serbia or us. Sure, they have better grilled meat and slightly better looking women, but ours put out quicker and for less... ;-) 

• GolfNomad
    299 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2021 1:57 PM

Will playing 9 holes have the same effect as playing 18 holes to lower my handicap?  I was at 67.34 and then shot a 33 and only went down to 67.32..lol 

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2021 6:20 PM

GolfNomad:

Will playing 9 holes have the same effect as playing 18 holes to lower my handicap?  I was at 67.34 and then shot a 33 and only went down to 67.32..lol 

Yes. WGT just doubles your score, so you really shot a 66. 33 + 33 = 66. 

RSS