Forums

Help › Forums

Damn it!

Wed, Jul 21 2010 3:19 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TJH964
    17 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 6:34 PM

That is how I feel when I keep hitting the meter on the mark and drives wind up in the rough or the fescue and the putts do not drop!  This game is a lemon and will drop by later when it becomes a little less frustrating to play.  Mafia Wars is more fun and the Tiger Woods online game also.

1,644 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 6:53 PM

Bye.

• TJH964
    17 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 7:33 PM

BYE AS WELL!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 7:36 PM

TJH, you have 58 ranked rounds played since may 28th, I play that many rounds in a week. You have to put your time in on this game. You wouldn't expect to play in the PGA championship after only a couple of rounds at your local golf course would you? It's the same thing here. You need to keep playing, and as often as you can to become competitive.

This game isn't for everyone, if you feel you need a golf game that will satisfy your gaming abilities, you can go over to fantasy land and play that cartoon golf game, Tiger Woods online. If you want to suck it up and play the most realistic golf game ever created online, stick around at WGT.com, practice as much as you can, and become a competitor. 

The choice is yours.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 10:34 PM

There are many unconventional ways that are utilized here to keep the game unpredictable, and possibly even to combat rogue software, which unfortunately take away from the realism of the game and prevents one from scoring according to their talent level. As unfortunate as it is, this is still the most realistic golf game you will find online, and as Richard alluded to, the more you practice and the more you learn to account for those inconsistencies, and the better you will score.

I am in your camp on this, and agree that these programmed deviations are one of the downsides to this game, but it has been voiced here numerous times, and simply put; it isn't going away, and you have to learn to deal with it.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 9:21 AM

Sounds like the OP is not aiming his putts or drives correctly.  Just because you ding a putt doesn't mean it will go in, you have to aim it correctly which like real golf takes time to learn.  Same thing with drives, if you account for the wind are you hitting your spots on the fairway.  Example, KIA #10.  Ever aim right down the middle, ding and bomb the sucker, where does it end up?  Rough.  Why?  Because when you land on the slope the ball catapults through the fairway.  Learn where to land the ball, learn where to aim your putts and problem solved, but most likely....

BYE

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 9:55 AM

HEY BUD, now you have more time for your first love. took a peek at your friends list, get back to what your good at spanky.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 11:02 AM

jbenny11:
    HEY BUD, now you have more time for your first love. took a peek at your friends list, get back to what your good at spanky.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 11:30 AM

thats awesome. 

• AGArgent
    343 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 12:58 PM

Oh my god, the impossible has happened. The first time I played Oakmont, after I finished, I swore I never wanted to even see it again let alone play the bloody thing. I shot a 356 or something, don't recall. But now that you can play practice rounds, after maybe a couple dozen times, I've just shot an even round. I even parred #9 and #11. Astounding. Testimony to not giving up. Now I start playing ranked rounds on it. What a turn-up.

• PAGES
RSS