Forums

Help › Forums

Sorry, I have to vent !!!

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 16 2010 2:31 PM (4 replies)
  • Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Thu, Jul 15 2010 3:25 PM

Please help on this because I am so Pi$$ed!

A 15 ft shot #2 St Andrews because Im short of the green in the fringe and its a slow green but I have a 8 mph wind behind me , I use a wedge to pitch that can go 17 ! but its downhill so I expect some roll, the wind behind me and play about a 10 ft shot, it stops on the downhill and leaves me an 8 footer ! It only went 7 yds !!!!! I have it set to 15 ft with my putter and pull it back to what would amount normally to a 6 ft shot or just before the putter moves the first time and what happens? Im 5 ft past the hole !!!!! oh, there's the roll I was expecting when I pitched it !!!!

OK if I was 5 ft past on the pitch I wouldnt be venting but to stop going downhill and then roll so far past putting, obviously Im not happy !!!

What did I do wrong????

Its times like this that all WGT players get unwound fill up the forum and blame the game ie ( programming ) or whatever VEM is,

I LOVE this Game !! there are none to compare to it !!  but........

when something like this happens it puts doubt in my head about it being realistic !

any positive advice on where I went wrong is gladly accepted and appreciated !

If you want to call me a liar or vent against me in a negative way, well nobody wants or likes that.

Thank You WGT for letting me get my frustration at the moment out of the way !

now, I think I will go play some more golf

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Thu, Jul 15 2010 8:58 PM

Hi,

Would love to help, but...... 

Your first paragraph leaves me somewhat confused, easily done I know lol. Are you talking ft or yds here?  You are using both and none makes much sense ?? 7yds = 21ft !!

Slow greens are slow !! so you dont expect much run at all - right ??

From the fringe 15ft away you should be able to chip it, or putt ? But is it yds or ft we're talking about.

Cheers

Doug

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Fri, Jul 16 2010 8:56 AM

My fault, everything was in Yards

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 16 2010 9:04 AM

Stryder-by your example you stopped just short of the point in that downslope where momentum comes into play. Probably another roll or two would have made it but pitching that tiny distance (relative to the club length) means you're taking a chance with the erratic part of chipping and pitching-less than 50% swings. 

When I'm caught in that spot I use the 64 wedge chip (6 yds) and top spin to get it rolling. Even then the swing can't be full or the momentum gets the ball and it's 20 ft past the hole.  :-(

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Fri, Jul 16 2010 2:31 PM

Thanks YJ !

I never thought of top-spinning a chip shot !  will take it to the practice green.

RSS