Forums

Help › Forums

turning pro

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 8 2010 6:45 PM (5 replies)
  • BuddyWood
    5 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 1:25 PM

I was just wondering how to you get pro status?

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 1:56 PM

There are numrous ways to make pro.  Generally you have to have a low scoring avg to enter regional qualifiers to make pro events, where if you place well enough on the money list you can denounce your amateur status and play on the tour.  You can also qualify through sponsor exemptions and make enough money on tour to get your card.  Or you can go through the grueling Q school.  All aspects require you to have a great golf game.

You were speaking about being a real pro right?

If not, just get your avg in the mid to semi high 70's and you should get bumped up a notch to pro tier.

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 4:07 PM

neildiamond11790:
    You were speaking about being a real pro right?

LMAO

• Tim30
    66 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 4:12 PM

ROFLMAO DUHHHHHHH

• superchuck
    210 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 4:46 PM

They are Jackin' withyou Buddywood. Just play stroke games on easy courses (Kiawah, St Andy) .I sent invite I"LL play a round with you and explain some stuff

• ClericTaven
    59 Posts
    Thu, Jul 8 2010 6:45 PM

Without an intimate knowledge of the actual ranking system WGT uses and there is some mystery surrounding going from Pro to Master, I will share that once my AVG went below 80, I started Teeing off further back.  /wink

Now there are other "in progress" tourneys which I still replay as an Amateur and as of yet I still use the WGT Starter clubs, but as you may read elsewhere, the choice of purchased items can filter there usage once you become a Pro+.

Keep stroking - it will happen eventually and to note, once you get "paid", you do not fallback to a lower ranking, so enjoy the learning along the way.

~ Andrew

RSS