Help › Forums

Recent chanes to forward/reverse view button

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 4 2010 3:55 AM (6 replies)
  • Badputter
    22 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 7:03 AM

Hello

Don't want to sound like a Luddite, but I'm not keen on the recent change. Putting a 'full-screen' option there instead is pointless - you either want full screen or not, in which case it's a once-a-game click on the normal button at the top-right of the window. You've tried to solve a problem that didn't exist, and made the forward/reverse selection less clear as a result. Two bad things from one 'solution'. (It's like being at work....)

Honestly, it was fine as it was.

A change I would welcome would be to scroll up/down the club selection, using a pair of selection arrows like the putter distance selection.

Hope this helps

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 9:11 AM

Badputter:

Putting a 'full-screen' option there instead is pointless - you either want full screen or not, in which case it's a once-a-game click on the normal button at the top-right of the window. You've tried to solve a problem that didn't exist, and made the forward/reverse selection less clear as a result. Two bad things from one 'solution'. (It's like being at work....)

Honestly, it was fine as it was.

Exactly! Well said Badputter.

• kmanfromga
    20 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 9:58 AM

isnt it funny how they do all these "magic" things and they STILL cant fix the damn swing meter!!!!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 12:43 PM

kmanfromga:

isnt it funny how they do all these "magic" things and they STILL cant fix the damn swing meter!!!!

That's because they would have to fly out to your house and work on your machine.  Too many members and too few staff to go to everyone's house just to get each individual meter to work right.

That's why they post stuff like Optimizing Your WGT Experience, so you can do it yourself.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 2:15 PM

JMO, but I do believe "Optimizing Your WGT Experience" needs to be updated.  Alot of members have generated many excellent suggestions to improve overall computer performance that will also benefit this site.  Adobe flash for one.  If all the information is in one place, then there will be less searching for answers.

Infinito

Have fun and Play well.....

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 11:01 AM

Thanks for the comments, Putter.  The new full screen mode is available for some users to try though we realize it's not going to be the best option for everyone.  Users running the most up to date flash (10.1) and a supported video card with updated drivers have reported very good results.  We are still in a building and testing phase, so features will appear at times as we try out different ideas.  Some may stay, some may not, but we'll never know unless we run 'em through the gauntlet (you guys)  Your input is much appreciated though.

In regards to changing clubs you should be able to scroll your mouse wheel up and down to select your clubs.

• Badputter
    22 Posts
    Sun, Jul 4 2010 3:55 AM

Hello

Didn't expect a reply from the big boys, but thanks anyway.

Ta for the mouse-wheel tip. Obviously I've missed that somewhere along the line - maybe put an on-screen note ? (I still like the arrows idea...)

I do understand what you mean about trying to satisfy everyone's different needs for different computers, and I'm sure a lot of people use full-screen. However, the point I was actually making is that that button exists already on the browser window. You've given us a button we don't need and made a previously useful selection less accessible.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work.

RSS