Forums

Help › Forums

Working the ball

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 25 2010 9:11 AM (1 replies)
  • Ripstik221
    6 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 9:03 AM

In real life I am a very competitive golfer. I am a 3 handicap, but it's my short game that kills me most of the time. I strike the ball more like a scratch player. One of the biggest reasons I shoot as low as I do is because I work the ball. If a hole calls for a draw, I hit a draw. If it calls for a fade, I hit a fade. Not only does this give me an advantage of 'cutting the corner' on dogleg holes, it also keeps me out of trouble. If there's OB looming to the right, I'll draw it away from it.

WGT is a great game but needs a feature to be able to work the ball.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 9:11 AM

You can still do this but it's a little lame. Missing to simulate draw/fade actually does work in a few places. BPB2 is a good example. From the master tees you can pull the ball around the treeline without touching the aim. The degree of pull is determined by wind direction.

Another effective way to gain distance it to pull or push the shot into the wind stream. This requires overaiming to compensate but it's fun to watch the ball catch the wind and take off. The distance you lose by mishitting is more than offset by the carry. SA is a great place to mess around like this.

Personally, I'd rather see lie factoring before a ball working feature. :-)

RSS