Forums

Help › Forums

Best putter (club) in the game?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 3 2016 9:53 AM (22 replies)
  • adtjoel
    124 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 5:04 AM

Hello folks looking at upgrading my putter. I have the TM Ghost Spider Putter (35+) and pretty happy with it but am thinking upgrading.

I have (of course) read what people say in the proshop, but still find the forums the best resource for recommendations and in no small part it's got me to legend.

On free rentals I tried the Max (Master+) but was very relient on the ding. I also tried the Nike method (51+) which I thought was better than my current but not worth the credits for just a slight upgrade.

The one I am looking at now is the Nike Method 001 (77+) and wondering if this is worth it.  I am also interested  in peoples opinions on what the best putter in the game is - I am aware here is no solid answer.

I have seen a lot of people talk about the Rosa (some people in the PS have said they have gone back to it after upgrading) but on the stats alone I can't see it as anything of an upgrade.

I don't really mind waiting, but ideally don't want to upgrade again :)

• bsnewbert
    44 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 5:13 AM

This answer all depends on how you personally putt.  Do you ding or miss the ding?  I too tried the high lvl nike putters and for those you must hit the ding.  I asked a similiar question to a top lvl player and she told me she loves her Rossa.  I play against a legend everyday with a lvl 35 ghost and whips me every round.  This is the age old question and it all depends on your personal approach to putting.  No right or wrong answer here.

• adtjoel
    124 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 5:22 AM

bsnewbert:
    No right or wrong answer here.

I did acknowledge that, but I am sure many people have upgraded to the high end putters with both good and bad experiences. Sometimes the ratings shown in the pro-shops are... debatable... to say the least.

My putting is ok - it usually pretty close. Sometimes I just miss the ding and it rolls a couple inches wide and I wonder if a club like the Nike (77+) wold have sunk it.

• pjctas0822
    4,555 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 5:39 AM

If you are trying to Ding putts and compensate for break using the aim marker then The Nike putter or the Higher Level Ghost is for you . If not try the Daytona as this seems to be the preferred putter for MisDing type players.

Good Luck.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 6:17 AM

I bought the Nike 77 and putted well with it, then they released the Max Master the very same week so I had to get that as well! For me, as soon as I started using the balls required to slow the meter down for the R11 irons, the Max was considerably better than the Nike. Much more accurate for long putts in direction (due to the high balance rating), and in distance due to all the increments you get to choose from. And the Nike comes off soft for the 10ft increment, which you don't have to worry about so much with the Max. I find if you get a dead straight putt, the Max will still hole it for up to around 11ft if you miss the ding slightly.

Haven't tried the highest level Ghost yet - will report back as soon as they have a free rental weekend.

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 8:48 PM

Hey Joel, not trying to hijack your thread, but can I also ask what differences there are, if any, between the max putter level 80+ and the max putter master+? All the dots seem exactly the same -- could it be the meter speed?? Or is it just 250 credits? ;)

Furthermore, has anyone out there mapped out the increments on this putter and is willing to share.

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 9:48 PM

Sanco:

Hey Joel, not trying to hijack your thread, but can I also ask what differences there are, if any, between the max putter level 80+ and the max putter master+? All the dots seem exactly the same -- could it be the meter speed?? Or is it just 250 credits? ;)

Furthermore, has anyone out there mapped out the increments on this putter and is willing to share.

The putters have the same stats but different meters.

MAX Control (Master+) has 10, 20, 30, 40, 60, 80, 100, 200, 300

MAX Control (80+) has 10, 15, 30, 60, 90, 150, 300

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 10:18 PM

Thanks for that buggyyy -- talk about not noticing things ah!  So you have the master+ I see, do you have the distances for the movements? And most importantly, would you recommend it?

Cheers

Sanco

• Scott2mee
    281 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 10:26 PM

There is a member who wrote a popular article on "Miss Ding" putting.. Is it Wotonambie ? Anyway I think they liked the "Rossa"for this type of putting.. I'm a miss ding putter and rarely ever move the marker from over the top ot the  hole.. My putting stats are fair but have improved quite a bit over the last month or so.. I use the Taylor made Ghost spider and it works fine I think.. But other than WGT's starter it's all I know so I couldn't make any judgement.. But I'm with Magnets as far as waiting for another free rental weekend.. If so many people like the Daytona there must be something to it.. I'll rent it first..

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 10:33 PM

Scott2mee:
    There is a member who wrote a popular article on "Miss Ding" putting.. Is it Wotonambie ?

I've never seen this post, but I'm pretty sure you're talking about Wontonamo. :) Good try!

RSS