Help › Forums

new Oakmont bug, this one is serious

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 26 2010 3:30 PM (35 replies)
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 10:06 AM

YankeeJim:
    Heh-Almost as if you're bored and want to cause a fuss. Typical.

Nope,

Just anticipating the influx of responses from the portion of the membership base who automatically jumps to one of the aforementioned conclusions when anything is stated negatively about their precious game.

Any chance you noticed how you helped to support this expectation of mine ?!?!

I don't care if you want to defend wgt, and if you are having no issues, you rightly should YJ - but don't shoot the messenger because you don't like the message. There is something going on here, and far too many players have collected examples and submitted bugs for it to be dismissed. If you can't see the importance of that, then feel free to keep your nose out of the thread. But don't come here calling me out just because you aren't experiencing these issues......

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 10:23 AM

rehill,

Thanks for being mature enough to ask in a constructive manner. This is part of my frustration with this entire situation - because I HAVE already brought up many of thee issues, and they are always explained away as a designed part of the game, or something that is being looked at, but not considered an issue. I'm just simply fed up with the lack of  attention these issues are getting, because they are ruining this game.

I'll apologize for being disgruntled and frustrated, but I will not apologize for my message. If the tone of the message garners a little attention, then so be it, hopefully it will lead to some much needed changes to this game, and specifically Oakmont.  I am fed up and will no longer waste my time submitting bugs or offering feedback on bugs, it simply does no good. WGT generally does not offer any feedback on them, and leaves me with the impression that they are not even looked at. And the amount of flack you take in the threads for bringing issues to light simply isn't worth the it. If you want to see the examples, search the threads, they are out there. But I am not going to post them here again. As I stated in to OP, my hands are in the air, I give up.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 11:10 AM

Maybe that's because you're  in the minority..........  :-)

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 11:22 AM

andypat:

Ok now tell me this isn't a bug, it happened to me yesterday again today, I had already posted the card for this game but according to wgt I'm still standing on the 6 th green at Oakmont, and yes all my caches have been cleared and no I don't have a problem with my computer.

This has happened long before oakmont and has nothing to do with oakmont. If you leave your profile page up behind the gameclient and you have any # of things happen such as someone leaves the game , a trophy or credits come through , receive a PM , ETC.  your profile page will stay at the point when that occurred. Also , when someone disconnects it will often put your picture beside the wrong name...Bug ?  Maybe , but has nothing to do with oakmonts arrival .

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 12:31 PM

rehill:

Complaining is going to solve these issues in a hurry! Keep it up. Maybe if we all complain, the leak in the gulf will be plugged, just maybe.

Seriously, why not try to go into details regarding the problems you're having and maybe WGT can take a look to see if the problems are legit. Complaining isn't going to solve anything.

Here is some detail for you. I posted this in Bug Log a couple of days ago.

Well, I just tried to submit a bug report on a little situation on Oakmont but the program would not allow me to do so. Here it is:

Hole 13 - 193 yd par 3. Hit drive to back fringe. (looked about 3" to green)

31 ft putt with 2 ft downslope. Set meter to 15 ft scale and hit putt with 8 ft power. Went "0" ft.

Same set but hit with 15 ft power. went "0" ft.

3rd hit same distance and slope hit with 7 ft power - rolled 36 feet past the hole.

31 + 36 = 67 feet.

Now, 36 ft uphill with 18" upslope. Hit putt on 45 ft meter with 45 ft power. Rolled 4.5 ft past hole.

4.5 ft putt with 1" downslope. Hit it with 3 ft power. Rolled 5.6 ft past hole.

Hit 5.6 ft putt with 1" upslope with 7 ft power. Stopped 6" short.

Tapped in.

Routine 8 on Oakmont.

To WGTniv: why couldn't I submit a "bug report?" was it indeed a bug to not be able to putt even an inch from the fringe on the edge of the green?

To all others: See why I think the greens are unrealistic here? I have never complained about the other courses or the game but this is completely ridiculous.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 12:42 PM

Ala,  that issue is not confined to Oakmont.  I've left putts in the fringe in the past on 5 bethpage, 13 kiawah, just to name a few.  Some 'fringe' areas just seem to be extremely sticky, whether its putting from it, or landing a chip/pitch on it.

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 1:30 PM

rehill:

Crazyman2:

(as per Rehill's scorning of a player attempting to bring things to your attention by using a thread in the PUBLIC forum)

Bringing what exatly to our attention? All he's doing is complaining... nothing more. Constructive critism is great, it does nothing but good, but this just needs to stop.

"Bringing what exatly to our attention? "   Our?  have you suddenly become a staff member of WGT  as quite a few others on these forums seem to think they are, with their  supposed authorative manner in attempting to answer every other possible thread with a "Jobs -worth cap on"   LOL

Obviously you didn't read the rest of my post.  The bug report log does not work therefore members try to express their problems  in this public forum -  If you see that as complaining   Why are you complaining about his posts?  Pot - kettle?

And by not having an option to report a bug in the preferred manner then the other option is to post in a thread (which I believe has happened here)  How do you define "constructive?"  It seems to me that the post contained quite a bit of input that a developer would find "constructive" 

And perhaps  you can enlighten us  as to WHY it has to stop.  Is it because  you say so?  or are  YOU just complaining?

Have a great day !!!

• Fata
    116 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 2:15 PM

I wonder if the "kiss ass" group is paid by WGT?    The game does have numerous problems but amazingly they don't affect the KA group.  Heck if yu would just clear your cache every problem would go away.

The KA group don't like complaining but yet appear in post after post featuring such.   

Personally I'd feel free to complain loud and often regardless of whether the kiss asser's like it or not.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 5:47 PM

Maybe the bug is actually within your CC. It appears that the negative , inflammatory comments all came from the same one.

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 6:13 PM

TheAceFactor:

Maybe the bug is actually within your CC. It appears that the negative , inflammatory comments all came from the same one.

Being as we dont have a CC it would be difficult, and in what way are the comments negative and inflammatory? we are just stating the facts as we see them.

RSS