Forums

Help › Forums

new Oakmont bug, this one is serious

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 26 2010 3:30 PM (35 replies)
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 10:34 PM

Ahh, forget it, lol - it's probably just me not clearing my cache. I'll try that first and then come back and suggest that wgt takes Oakmont off-line until they get the programming right for it.......

And no - it wasn't a failed USGA qualifier. It was a practice round with fairly moderate conditions, and each and every hole there was something happening to someone that was so unpredictable or explainable, it was laughable by the end. Myself and 2 long term wgt members, and another fairly new player. The 4 of us all had similar experiences that were WTF? moments. All of them with no explanations what-so-ever.

You have completely taken the fun out of the game wgt, and are ruining this once great and promising venue. And sorry, no bug logs were submitted, and no more will be from me - my hands are in the air, and I'm not wasting any more of my time or effort with any more un-answered bug reports.

And now, I will pause for the endless responses telling me again to practice, walk away for a bit and come back, make sure not to let the door hit me where the sun doesn't shine, etc etc etc. Come on, you know you want to!

• Spiders1
    358 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 10:48 PM

I have to agree with you. Cant figure that one out. I am not the best golfer but give me a darn break.

You should have button so u can throw clubs in pond. But at Oakmont 50%of guys would miss pond if they were on a bridge.

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 10:58 PM

Ok now tell me this isn't a bug, it happened to me yesterday again today, I had already posted the card for this game but according to wgt I'm still standing on the 6 th green at Oakmont, and yes all my caches have been cleared and no I don't have a problem with my computer.

• darthclay
    98 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 10:59 PM

do not give them any ideas on ways to make you buy new clubs...besides the game would probably miss the pond just as bad as it misses putts

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 11:54 PM

Complaining is going to solve these issues in a hurry! Keep it up. Maybe if we all complain, the leak in the gulf will be plugged, just maybe.

Seriously, why not try to go into details regarding the problems you're having and maybe WGT can take a look to see if the problems are legit. Complaining isn't going to solve anything.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 12:54 AM

I have been trying constructively since Jokemont was rolled out rehill, and have seen nothing from wgt that leads me believe that they have any interest in acknowledging any issues or correcting them. I would not be so snide if I knew they were working on these issues or even a little interested in seeing them, but it is becoming quite apparent that this is the wave of the future, and these are designed changes. Programmed deviations.

Again, the wrong direction for them to move as far as I am concerned, as it is taking the players skill out of the game and leaving the end result mostly up to chance. What fun that is. . . . 

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 3:17 AM

Oakmont will no longer appear as a venue for seasonal fixtures  for any  future Golfseeker comp until the issues have been resolved.

It is totally unfair and is creating misleading scores (required for a consistent and fair handicapping system)  to those that are suffering with constant disconnections (you only have to look at the volume of scorecards needed to complete one round to witness the results) extreme meter problems (more so than any other course as it seems to use more resources than any other course)

Not sure if it was rolled out in a rush to meet the deadline announced, but there is definately something amiss compared to all other courses.

I agree that the "fun" aspect has been lost with the constant 'fear' that the meter will misfunction or the screen will lock up at any given time (more so than any other course) (which we all experience)

WGT  PLEASE look at what your members are saying. 

I have tried to send in bug reports as suggested by right clicking, however that also decides to malfunction when pressed!!  So  where else other than a forum thread can the problems be solved ? (as per Rehill's scorning of a player attempting to bring things to your attention by using a thread in the PUBLIC forum)

Its a shame that it will not appear as a venue/fixture for our seasonal comps, as at the time it seemed an ideal solution to increase the variety for players. But, by adding the variety has only caused the whole problem of Oakmont to rear its' ugly head to create an "ordeal" rather than a "pleasure"

I doubt these comments will make any difference to any response as there is never any update to the questions already asked ( oh, and before  I hear all the " email wgt @members  blah blah blah  - THAT has been done countless times  by countless members), The old saying goes "throw enough against the wall and some will stick" well this forum may well be the place to start throwing.

Onwards and upwards  to Bethpage, Kiawah and St Andrews 

Keep Smiling & Happy Golfin'

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 5:08 AM

VanHalenLover:
    And now, I will pause for the endless responses telling me again to practice, walk away for a bit and come back, make sure not to let the door hit me where the sun doesn't shine, etc etc etc. Come on, you know you want to!

Heh-Almost as if you're bored and want to cause a fuss. Typical.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 5:11 AM

I'm not refuting the fact that you guys are experiencing a bug of some kind at Oakmont, but it sounds like a multi-player bug to me. I haven't experienced anything that you describe in a single-player, qualifying round at all.

I hope you guys can get to the bottom of this Oakmont anomaly for the sake of the other members experiencing this too.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 9:59 AM

Crazyman2:

(as per Rehill's scorning of a player attempting to bring things to your attention by using a thread in the PUBLIC forum)

Bringing what exatly to our attention? All he's doing is complaining... nothing more. Constructive critism is great, it does nothing but good, but this just needs to stop.

RSS