Forums

Help › Forums

Add Courses

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 24 2010 12:20 PM (8 replies)
  • Beastly1988
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 10:40 AM

Bali Hai, Wolf Creek and the other courses that are not available for stroke play should be added. They are fantastic courses and I bet anybody would love to play a full 18 on any of them. It would get more players involved with the games as they have played Kiawah, St. Andrews and Bethpage too many times that it is getting easier to play. By adding new courses, you would add members and people would play more often. I know I would!

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 11:11 AM

Beastly... almost everyone is in agreement with you, even WGT!  Picture this:  You, Beastly, need to add on to your kitchen.  You have limited resources and limited time to work on your project.  You'd like the new kitchen addition now!  But you actually need to build it first.  That's what WGT is up against.  They'd love to add dozens of courses.  We'd love it, as well.  But it takes time for their graphics department (limited) to develop one course... not to mention the cost of roughly $100,000 to photograph, in HD, another course or the remainder of the holes on Closest to the Hole courses already on here.  So be patient.  Since I came aboard a little over a year ago they've added 36 holes.    Using that model I think you can expect between 36 and 54 new holes per year.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 11:38 AM

WGT, if that is the cost to shoot, I have an high res camera, and will gladly quit my job to shoot 4 courses a year for $100000 total plus expenses.  Send me the tickets and access to course, hotel reservations a rental car, and I am in.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 11:48 AM

Neil... sorry, I'm already at the top of the waiting list for that job.  And I threw in meals, lodging at the course being photographed, caddie and an unlimited bar tab.  You're welcome to join me in the lounge for drinks.

• Beastly1988
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 1:30 PM

Sounds great! I was just wondering if they could post comments about how it is going with everything and when they expect it. They can take their time, I just would like to know about it.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 3:00 PM

neildiamond11790:
    Send me the tickets and access to course, hotel reservations a rental car, and I am in.
    I'm only assuming here , but unless that rental car has wings on it , I'd price in the helicopter with it.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 11:11 AM

Ace, for that job, I will grow fricken wings or get some large locals to hurl me into the air to take aerial shots.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 11:13 AM

2xmochaman, play you for the position?  18 on each of the courses?

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 12:20 PM

It's a deal Neil.  Except that we have to play the courses in real life!  On which do you want to begin?

RSS